- Make a sharp knife to bring home from the scratch
In this course, you will go through all processes of making a simple knife. Making forging products is a difficult and sophisticated process that includes creating rough drafts, maintaining fires, hammering red-hot iron into shape, tempering (strengthening) the metal with water, and finally polishing the final result.
📍 Da Sy craft village
📱 Trang: +84904282050
💻 Slack Channel: #han-halong-bay
Who This Experience Is Good For
We invite everyone to attend and try out the class, but please keep in mind that this is an activity that needs physical strength.
Easy to Medium
Meet Our Local Host
Craftsmen in Da Sy craft village
- First, a design for the shape of the blade is made on a sheet of metal, specially chosen for its long-lasting strength.
- Using a hammer, cutter, and anvil, the blade, and tang (the metal part which extends into the handle) are cut out and then thrust into the crackling embers of the furnace.
Alternating blows with the maker, the learner will then work the blade with a hammer to continue shaping it. The blade then has any imperfections trimmed by a hydraulic cutting machine, before it heads to the grindstone to be sharpened.
- Sharpening happens in several phases, including one round of being soaked in a special tar-based chemical wash, the recipe for which is a closely guarded family secret.
- All tools, equipment, and material required for the workshop
- English speaking facilitator
- Pick-up and drop-off service
What's Not Included
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
- Please bring: Comfortable clothes. Flip-flops are NOT recommended. Shoes/ sneakers/ sandals are recommended A bottle of water for Breakfast/lunch before the tour.
Minimum To Operate
Liabilities: Please note that by participating in this event, you (and any guests or visitors that you bring) are agreeing to the linked Assumption of Risk and Release from Liability, which includes limits on Remote Year's liability, an assumption of risk clause, and a recordings assignment.
Refunds: All sales are final and there will be no refunds.
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event