- Drive thru oranges and almonds orchads
- Walk on the battlements of Peñiscola
- See the Bufador watersprout
- Discover and explore one of the last Templar castle
- Visit some of Game of Thrones film sets
- Learn more about Valencia's surroundings through stories and legends
- Enjoy the amazing views of Peñiscola and surroundings
For hidden gem town lovers, Game of Thrones and Charlton Preston's El Cid fans you would not want to miss this Peñiscola, the fortress and walled town that extends into the Mediterranean Sea.
We will start by exploring the battlements and hidden corners of the walled city with stunning views in many corners, it's curved streets and whitewashed houses. We will learn about its secrets and transport ourselves into the sets of numerous battles both historical and fictional. We will discover the water gate and a Pope´s secret escape rute from the city.
After visiting the old town, we will climb to the Templar Castle crowning over the walled city where you can explore and imagine the life of a medieval warrior monk in this most fascinating of castles. This part of the tour is optional so you can also use your ticket to explore the Artillery Gardens the split of land that unites the former island city to the mainland.
Finally you will have free time to explore and enjoy the city, have lunch and/or relax by the Mediterranean Sea in this unique coastal town.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone interested in exploring beautiful little towns
- Anyone who likes to be in the sea
- Anyone that likes history
- Transportation - Round Trip
- Local Guide
- Discover legends and quirky anecdotes of Peñiscola
- Entrance to the Templar Castle
- Entrance to Jardin de la Artilleria (Game of Thrones film set)
What's Not Included
- Food - Lunch at a local restaurant - Budget 15-20€ pp | Cards and cash accepted
- Everything not included in the listed items above
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people - MAY VARY
- Maximum Capacity: 8 - MAY VARY
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes, if there is heavy rain we will have to postpone or cancel
- Difficulty Level: Easy, just a lot of walking
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, comfortable shoes
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - meat, fish or vegetarian option
- Extra Cash/Card: Needed for tipping / lunch
Daniel is a local business aiming to help people connect with the real Valencia by experiencing many of the amazing things the local region has to offer. He is a Spanish national but speaks fluent English and he has lived in many places around the world, so he knows what makes a place special and exciting! He has a passion for nature and history and discovering new places is one of his favourite things to do. His colleagues Amir, Vincent and himself have shown many people the beautiful and lesser known parts of the Valencian region.