Enjoy hiking in Dajti National Park as we explore a prehistoric karst cave - one of only six in all of Europe. The stunning landscapes and mountain rock faces will leave you at awe as we make our way up a moderate trail to the entrance of the cave.
Reach Pellumbas Cave after 50 minutes of hiking, which was once home to the extinct Cave Bear and where remains of ancient humans were once found.
With a maximum elevation of 620 meters and a total elevation gain of 250 meters, this hike is perfect for those looking to enjoy an active day outside of the city.
Enjoy free time and a picnic down in the Erzenit Canyon after exploring the cave.
The Pellumbas Cave & Erzenit Canyon hiking expereince offers an exciting opportunity for adventure and stunning natural beauty. Along the way participcants will marvel at the beauty of the Dajti National Park range and the Erzenit Canyon. After exploring the prehistoric canyon you will make your way down a steep hike into Erzenit Cantyon for a picnic and an opportunity to take a plunge in one of the swimming holes.
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is suitable for individuals who enjoy hiking and being in nature and want to explore the Albanian mountainside.
Meet Our Local Host
Ardit and his trusty hiking partner Luna “a dog” will be guiding you along this beautiful day up into the mountains. As avid hikers and explorers of the Albanian countryside Ardit and Luna have years of experience exploring and discovering all that Albania has to offer. Ardit and Luna are dedicated to providing visitors with an authentic and enjoyable hiking adventure with great conversation along the way. Luna is known for providing an abundance of unconditional love and support throughout all and any adventures.
- The experience starts with a pick-up behind the Opera House in the city center at 7:00 AM.
- The group will then head towards Pellumbas Village in the Dajt Mountains, southeast of Tirana - 35 minutes away.
- We will grab a coffee and snack from a local coffee shop in the village before starting our hike.
- The hike is 50 minutes up to Pellumbas Cave.
- Explore the cave and learn about its prehistoric history.
- Hike down from the cave into Erzenit Canyon.
- Free time to explore and have a picnic along the canyon stream.
- Take a dip in refreshing watering holes.
- Climb back up to the cave and follow the trail back to Pellumbas Village.
- Return to Tirana by 3:00 PM.
- Comfortable transportation from Tirana to Pellumbas Village.
- Guided hike up through the mountain to Pellumbas Cave and down into the Erzenit Canyon.
- History lesson on Pellumbas Cave.
- Free time for a picnic and exploring the canyon swimming holes.
What’s Not Included
- Meals or drinks are not included.
- Special clothing or equipment is not provided.
- Transportation to and from the participant's accommodation is not included.
Know Before You Go
Minimum needed: 4 people
Maximum capacity: 10 people
Booking deadline: 5 days before the event
Weather dependent: Yes, the experience is weather-dependent
Difficulty level: Moderate to Very Difficult
Special Clothing Required: Hiking shoes and comfortable clothes are recommended, a windbreaker or pullover is also ideal. Swimming gear is recommended for those brave enough to take a plunge into the cold canyon waters.
Special Dietary Restrictions: N/A
Extra Cash: Not required
Ground Transportation: Comfortable transportation included
Additional Information: The hike down and back up from the canyon to Pellumbas Cave is very challenging and steep, participants should be a good physical condition and ready for a rewarding challenge. Participants should wear comfortable clothes and bring hiking shoes and sunscreen. Participants are encouraged to bring dried fruit and trail mix.
Liabilities: The liability for any injury, loss, or damage incurred by participants is not assumed by Remote Year or its affiliates.