- Visit Hoa Lu, Vietnam’s first capital
- Climbing to Mua Cave
- Explore Tam Coc grottoes by sampan boat
- Visit Thai Vi Temple, Bich Dong temple, and rugged hike on the hidden trail, if the weather is nice
- 2-hour road trip in a car/ LUXURY DCAR LIMOUSINE. Plus, about a 20 km motorcycle ride and a 2-hour boat ride through caves.
You’ll depart Hanoi in the early morning and head to Ninh Binh province where you’ll visit Hoa Lu - the ancient capital of Vietnam. Our tours are the greatest method for visitors to discover the highways and byways of Ninh Binh and have a cultural ride of a lifetime to learn more about the daily lives of Vietnamese people in rural areas. The highlights of our journey are the experiences you gather along the way, not the goal. We engage you with local touches such as food, culture, and hands-on activities to immerse you in the daily lives of Vietnamese people in the countryside. Through our travels, we are making cultural ties and exchanging ideas.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
All born in the same era after the end of the Vietnam War, big brother- Tommy Nguyen (1978, second brother- Tho Nguyen (1983), and little brother- Hai Phung (1984) struggled during their childhood growing up in poverty in different villages in the countryside of Northern Vietnam before moving to Hanoi as students and settle down.
- 6:30 AM The tour guide will meet you at your hotel or workplace and start a 120km comfortable Limousine bus journey through the verdant landscape.
- 9:00 AM On arrival, we start our morning exercise with a 30-minute hike up and down to Mua cave to admire the spectacular panorama view of Tam Coc valley and Ngo Dong river.
We then ride to Tam Coc, a new addition to UNESCO’s list of heritage sites. It is often referred to as the Halong Bay of the land due to its spectacular scenery. It is a truly wonderful sight to see. We’ll board on row boats for a 2-hour journey through caves, passing local villages along the river system of the Red River Delta. The scenery comprises lush green rice paddies during the rice growing seasons and the surrounding limestone karsts make for a stunning backdrop, presenting many photo opportunities for the keen photographers in the group.
- 12:00 PM We will have lunch at a local home-hosted restaurant for an authentic Vietnamese meal.
After lunch, we will start our Ninh Binh motorbike tour, it is definitely the best way to discover the cultural and natural beauties of Ninh Binh countryside. As you sit in the back of our experienced drivers for a safe and fun ride throughout the area. The detours of country roads feature limestone karsts, towering above you as you ride along backroads and beautiful scenery. En route, we are passing rice paddies, farms, and villages to experience the day-in-the-life of Vietnamese people. Also, we stop to visit a thousand-year-old lime-stone temple of Thai Vi.
The last destination of our Ninh Binh motorbike tour is Hoa Lu, the location of the capital of Vietnam during the Dinh Dynasty (968-980) and early Le Dynasty (980-1009). The ancient citadel once covered 300 hectares of land, however, the passage of time has left few remains of this once glorious capital of Vietnam.
- 03:00 PM We finish our Ninh Binh motorbike tour to return to Hanoi.
- Pick-up and drop off from the workspace building
- Round-trip transport
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in the description
- Lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine - Vegan/Vegetarian option available
- English-speaking tour guide during the trip
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses and those not clearly mentioned as included
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring sunglasses, sun cream, and your camera. You’ll also need shoes and comfortable clothes for climbing
- Please note that you will be sitting in a bamboo sampan boat for around 120 minutes, with a local rower, on the visit to Tam Coc
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event