- 3 Days / 2 Nights Best of Maasai Mara Safari
- All meals included (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Game drives
- Encounter the Big Five (not guaranteed)
‘The Mara’ as most locals call it is a vast scenic expanse of gently rolling African savannah plains. On your drive, you get to pass Narok Township, the major Maasai Administrative center. The Masai Mara is famously known for its spectacular Great Wildebeest Migration, a 7th Natural Wonder of the world and is home to the big five, namely; Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buffalo and Leopard as well as several other species like zebras, tupis and gazelles. You have come to a big game country, long famed as having one of Africa’s greatest concentrations of game. On this trip you will get to enjoy early game drives which will offer you a diversity of wildlife and afternoon game drives where the animals are cooling down. You can also experience the Kenyan Maasai Culture and immerse yourself in a semi-nomadic lifestyle.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Nature and Wildlife lovers
Meet Our Local Host
You will have a local host
Day 1 - 24th February 2023:
Nairobi - Masai Mara
-7:00am: Pick-up from your residence in Nairobi, depart for Maasai Mara Reserve arriving in time for lunch at your Camp / Lodge.
-Stop at the Great Rift Valley View Point. The Great Rift Valley is a geographical and geological feature running north to south for around 6,400 kilometers, from northern Syria to central Mozambique.Astronauts say it is the most significant physical detail on the planet that is visible from space.
-Afternoon game drive
The Masai Mara is regarded as the jewel of Kenya’s wildlife viewing areas. There have been some 95 species of mammals, amphibians and reptiles and over 400 birds species
recorded on the reserve. Nowhere in Africa is wildlife more abundant, and it is for this reason a visitor hardly misses to see the big five (buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhino).
-Dinner and overnight at your Camp / Lodge
-Spend a Full day exploring the park in search of the Big five.
Dinner and overnight at your preferred Camp / Lodge
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (at an extra cost):
DESCRIPTION COST PER PERSON (USD)
Hot Air Safari - $450 per person
launch site by 6AM.
You will then be loaded into your balloon basket for take-off just
before sunrise, at about 6:30AM. The flight will last approximately one
hour, depending on wind conditions, and the balloon will land between
7:30 and 7:45AM.
Our vehicles will then transport you a short distance to breakfast. Our
breakfast is set up on the picturesque savannah plains of the Mara,
typically under the shade of a single balanite tree. You will sit down to
a full bush breakfast in the Kenyan style, complete with eggs-to-order,
fresh juices, fruits, cereals & of course sparkling wine.
After breakfast, at about 9AM, you will have a brief game drive back
to your camp /lodge
Sundowner - $50 Per Person
with spectacular views of the setting tropical sun (45 mins Open Bar)
the banks of the magnificent Mara River in full view of the hippos.
Bush BBQ Lunch/Dinner - $45 Per Person
Enjoy a gourmet BBQ lunch or dinner in the jungle under the watchful
eyes of the armed Game Rangers.
Manyatta Visit - $40 Per Person
lecture awaits you culminating with a traditional Maasai dance.
-Drop off at your residence
-Pick up / Drop off from Nairobi
-Transport in a Custom- built Safari Van / Safari Land Cruiser
-Services of English speaking driver guide⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 Nights accommodation on Full Board basis
-Complimentary Bottled drinking water
-Park entrance Fees
What's Not Included
- Personal items, Tips & gratuities
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: 20TH FEBRUARY 2023 - 10AM
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy - most times you will be in a safari cruiser on game drives and the Maasai village you will walk around the village which isn't tiring.
- Special Clothing Required: No. Dress comfortably. Bring a swimming suit if you’d like to swim at the camp.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: No - All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
- Accommodation: You will be staying in a highly rated tented camp with private bathrooms inside each tent. Enjoy Sunset/sunrise views from the front porch. In room features include a study desk, Lamp shades, Maasai fleece blanket, Laundry Bag, Thermal flask, Drinking water Wardrobe (coat-hangers, shoe-shine, shoe-horn), toiletries, safe.
- Transportation: 6-seater pop-up roof 4X4 Land cruisers will pick you from your apartment block and take you to the safari and bring you back once the safari is over.
Frequently Asked Questions
After a bumpy five-hour drive to Maasai Mara, we checked into our lodge and ate lunch (and napped!). Then we headed out for an afternoon game drive. It was a quick one (two hours) but we saw lots of animals (zebra, wildebeest, elephants, antelope, giraffes, etc.). Then we relaxed before dinner. The lodge was comfortable and the food was decent. Saturday we headed out for one long game drive for the day. We saw SO MANY animals! We saw cheetahs, hyenas, tons of lions and much more. We stopped for a box lunch then kept going. There were a couple of bathrooms breaks (but definitely could have used more!). After we left the Maasai Mara National Reserve, we visited a Maasai village. This felt like a big tourist trap with the villagers selling tons of "homemade" items. Do not be duped! Walk away! We headed back to the lodge for dinner and bed time. We left early the next morning for the five hour ride back but I would have loved an early morning game ride. Overall, it was a great experience seeing tons of animals!