Cape town, South Africa
- Visit Khayelitsha Township
- Party at Rands with Local DJ'S
- Try a shisanyama (local BBQ)
- Try wine made in Khayelitsha
This experience is the epitome of Sunday Funday (don't let your Monday ruin your Sunday :). Locals Ayanda and Buntu will show you what it really means to Groove in Ekasi. You will get the full Khayelitsha Township experience, from wine tastings and pairings, to a shisanyama (local BBQ) lunch to partying to the best local DJ's and music.
Wine tasting and pairing will take place inside the Bandwidth Barn at Lookout Hill in Khayelitsha. We will then walk through part of the township down to Rands, a vibrant lifestyle space in Khayelitsha, known to locals as a haven for good music, delicious food and quality entertainment.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone passionate about history and culture
- Anyone interested in the gastromomy of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone interested in local music
Meet Out Local Hosts
ABCD Concepts is co-founded and co-managed by Buntu Matole and Ayanda Cuba. Our business culture is all about constantly changing and impacting our community. Our triple bottom line is inclusivity, collaboration and sustainable growth. At ABCD our goal is to craft and create experiences and products that will help people bridge the cultural, social and communication gap between us.
- Food - Lunch - Braai meat (BBQ) served with pap and chakalaka
- Drinks - Alcoholic Beverage - First round of drinks at Rands
- Transportation - Round Trip - Pick up and drop off at accommodation
- Drinks - Wine - Two wine tastings and pairings
- Local Guide - Ayanda and Buntu will be with you from the pick up till the drop off
What's Not Included
- Extra Drinks - All drinks after first included round
- Dance moves :)
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people
- Booking Deadline: 2 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - dress in your Sunday best. All locals dress in their Sunday best for this outing, make sure you dress the part.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services. Tipping in South Africa: Tipping is not mandatory but everyone in the service industry (waiters, guides etc) earns minimum wage and rely heavily on tips. The general amount is 10% but you do so at your own discretion.
- Additional Information: This event takes place in Khayelitsha Township.
Frequently Asked Questions
It's a party. Flat out. The food was good, the party was fun. Worth it.
One of the best Sunday Funday experiences ive ever had. You get to feel like a local and connect with the people Khayelitsha.
Start the day with some amazing wine tasting and burgers, then the day takes flight at Rands! Rands is on another level, something that has to be experienced to understand why everyone loves it so much . Music, food, sunshine and dancing. Buntu and Ayanda are wonderful hosts! They always made sure you were having a good time and helped navigate the town
Dont miss this! You'll be wanting to go back every weekend
This experience had us traveling to Khayelitsha for a local Sunday event full of food, music and great vibes. We ate amazing food and listened to amazing tunes. We felt truly immersed in the township and the local culture. The amount of time felt a little too long but a small group of us were able to head back to Cape Town after a few hours so it all worked out. Definitely a South African experience you don't want to miss!
Rands is a vibe - and one you don't want to miss. This was one of the first things I did in Cape Town and also one my favorite things (in fact, because I stayed in town for a week after my program ended I was able to go back for a second time). Buntu and Ayanda are wonderful hosts -- they make sure you're comfortable, well taken care of and are having a good time. On the ride over, Buntu provided a lot of information about Khayelitsha and having that background was really helpful. He's a champion for his city and I recommend doing all you can to support the township.
Enjoyed being among the locals on a fun Sunday, great music, food and drinks.