Release the tensions of your body, cultivate a quiet mind and connect to your breath during these refreshing Yoga classes in the city centre of Palermo.
Barbara, your instructor, will welcome you in the beautiful Casa Magò, home of music, dance and art in the ancient Kalsa neighborhood. Yoga classes take place in Casa Magò’s spacious terrace, surrounded by plants and nearby the seaside.
WHO THIS EXPERIENCE IS FOR
All classes are open level: we will start with simple exercises to focus our attention on breath and proprioception, followed by an energetic Asana (traditional yoga poses) session in a slow flow, finishing with guided deep relaxation and breath-work.
Lamia Barbara is an international touring dancer, yogini, and teacher based in Palermo, Italy. After completing her degree in Classical Indian Dance at the Conservatory of Vicenza, her academic and personal research focuses on the connections between the choreutic expression of traditional art forms, mythology, ritual practices and Goddess religions.
Passionate researcher in the path of dance and yoga with over 15 years of extensive training, teaching, and performing all over the world, Lamia’s vision of dance and yoga aims toward grounded practice and soulful expression, in the exploration of a corporeal poetic language which allows us to experience beauty, freedom, and connection.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Minimum Needed: 4 people
- Maximum Capacity: 15 people
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: generally class will be taken on the terrace, but if the weather is bad there is an indoor space
- Difficulty Level: Accessible to anyone, Barbara will give adjustments for any kind of level
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - Please wear comfortable clothes. We’ll practice bare-foot.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - Yoga should be practiced with an empty stomach.
- Transportation: 10 min walking distance from the accommodation