- Exploring Stari Grad town on Hvar Island (one out of 1200 that Croatia has), one of the oldest town of Europe
- Olive Oil Tasting, Wine Tasting (4 glasses) + a 3 course lunch in a stunning location
- Lunch in the 24 centuries old greek vineyard in UNESCO protected site of Stari Grad plain
- Traditional slowly cooked 'Peka' dish served as the main
Join us for a full day visit to the town of Stari Grad on the island of Hvar, where we will enjoy wine tasting and a homemade farm lunch in the middle of the 24 centuries' old area of Greek vineyards which is currently under UNESCO's protection. Get to see the farm animals (donkey is a symbol of the region of Dalmatia!), enjoy all the flavours and aromas as the food is comming directly from the farm/sea to the table. Our knowledgable host will tell you all about the wines and olive oils that tehy are making, as well as some natural cosmetics! Saying cheers with a shot of homemade grappa is a must!
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who loves nature
- Anyone interested in beautiful scenery
- Anyone who is interested in the gastronomy and wine culture of the destination they are visiting
- Sea Transport - Return ferry tickets Split- Stari Grad- Split
- Ground Transport - Pick up from the center of the town and return trip to the farm
- Wine Tasting - Pairing flight of 4 home-made wines from the farm (2 whites, 1 red, 1 rose), olive oil tastings (3 types)
- Food - 3 course set menu home-made lunch consisting of: homemade platter of farm products, peka for the main and fruits from the garden or a simple cake for dessert
- Local Guide - Guided tour/story about the farm, tradition of winemaking and about the food and all the served wine and olive oil and a short tour of the small venue of the lavender museum (with an opportunity to buy homemade cosmetic products, lavender, immortelle and olive oils and all the tried wines and grappas)
- Stroll through the oldest town of Europe (Stari Grad town on the Island of Hvar) upon return to the city area and a possible visit to the 16th century castle (local poet’s house) with a fish pond from 16th century
What's Not Included
- Extra bottles of wine, olive oil, lavender oil/hydrolates or imortelle oil/hydrolates
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 8 people
- Maximum Capacity: 30 people
- Booking Deadline: Tuesday before the weekend of the event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy | 2hrs of ferry
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Perfect way to spend a Sunday! If you love strolling through beautiful old towns, visiting lavender fields and tasting wines in a vineyard this one is for you.
What a great day... From the ferry ride to lavender lemonade, just lovely. Very relaxing, chill, serene and what a beautiful place. And the history! Phenomenal. Two thumbs up and highly recommend.
Beautiful town, amazing dining setting, great food and wine and super kind and knowledgeable staff 🤩
Bring your appetite to this delicious food and wine experience because you're in for a treat!
This is a great way to experience Stari Grad on the island of Hvar! You get to explore the old town and than have a brilliant lunch on a vineyard nearby and taste some of the local wine. Highly recommend to those wanting to spend time on Hvar!