– Culinary experience
– Explore the flavours of Athens
– Taste different local treats
– Savour delicious desserts
– Enjoy homemade liquors
– Mingle with the locals in the food market
– Discover the city center
Our tour starts in Monastiraki square. We will have a local to show us the centre of Athens and all the local flavours. Even in the tourist areas there are some places you shouldn't miss. From local Distillery to loukoumades, don't miss this opportunity to connect with the gastronomy offer in Greece!
Stops and Flavours!
1. Koulouri: Incredibly crunchy on the outside with an amazingly soft and slightly chewy centre..These delicious Greek bread rings covered with toasted sesame seeds are definitely the most popular breakfast or snack in Greece.
2. Savoury Pies & Bougatsa: Savoury pies are a culinary masterpiece and they have a large variety of scrumptious combinations! They express the Greek spirit by using simple ingredients.
Bougatsa is a Greek breakfast pastry usually consisting of semolina custard filling between layers of phyllo. It is said to originate from the Central Macedonian region of Northern Greece, where it is most popular, also filled with cheese, minced meat, spinach, etc.
3. Olives: Olives produce olive oil, and that is its main use, but the actual olive fruit plays a very important part in the Mediterranean and Greek food culture. While there are several recipes that include olives as an ingredient, olives are best known in the Greek food culture as a food on its own.
4. Pastourma: Pastourma or pastirma, is a highly seasoned, air-dried cured beef of Anatolian origin, which has been part of the Greek cuisine for over 400 years.
5. The Central Meat & Fish Market: The hectic, colourful Athens agora is the highlight of the vibrant food market district. It’s a sensory and gastronomic delight, with an amazing range of products, that is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
6. Homemade Liqueurs: A family business distillery established in the island of Kefalonia, at the end of the nineteenth century, started producing liqueur from recipes collected from all over Greece.
7. Loukoumas: Loukoumades are a kind of fried-dough pastry made of deep fried dough soaked in sugar syrup or honey and cinnamon, and sometimes sprinkled with walnut.
- Everything not included in the listed items above
Things You Should Know
- Difficulty Level - Easy walk, yet exposed to the sun
- Special clothing required - Comfortable shoes for walking
- Bring water - Stay hydrated!
Deadline To Book
5 days prior to the start of the experience
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Romanos was the best guide! We got to see and taste a variety of foods and drink while also touring part of Athens. Great experience overall!