- Walk around the Sagunto Castle
- Roman Theater visit
- Lunch at a Sagunto Restaurant
- Walk through the Jewish and Arab Quarters
- Church of Santa Maria visit
- Ermitas route with amazing views
- Domus dels Peixos and the Vía del portico museum visits
You will be amazed by our guided tour of Sagunto with it's enigmatic alleyways and corners steeped in history.
Sagunto has important monuments that accredit it as one of the most important cities, not only during the Roman Empire, but also before Romanization with the Iberian culture.
Well known is the Roman theater of Sagunto, one of the largest in the Valencian Community and even in Spain: located on a hillside in the Greek style, it is also one of the spaces that the city continues to use for its usual stage performances, even in summer festivals and musical concerts are held 20 centuries after its inauguration in Roman times. We will also delve into other aspects such as the popular "Jewish quarter of Sagunto" a unique example of conservation of a "call" or Jewish quarter from medieval times.
We made this tour of Sagunto to discover its Iberian, Roman, Jewish and medieval past with history and enjoying amazing views of the city and the Mediterranen sea.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone interested in nature and outdoors activities
- Anyone who likes history
- Anyone who likes to explore new places
- Transportation - Round Trip (Train)
- Local Guide
- Discover legends and quirky anecdotes of Sagunto
- Guided tour of Sagunto
- Visit to Domus dels Peixos and Via Portico museums
What's Not Included
- Food - Lunch at a local restaurant - Budget 20-25€ pp | Cards and cash accepted
- Everything not included in the listed items above
Know Before You Go
- We will meet at Nord Train station were we will depart at 9:00 am
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes, if there is heavy rain we will have to postpone or cancel
- Difficulty Level: Medium, it requires long walks and some walking thru hills.
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, sport clothing, towel
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - meat, fish or vegetarian option
- Extra Cash/Card: Needed for tipping / lunch
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As this tour is earlier in the month, its a great way to really open your eyes to how complex and rich the history of Spain is. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable, and the city really interesting. The lunch restaurant, next to a roman ruin below an older castle wall under the shade of olive trees was a quintessential rural Spain experience
A fun, insightful easy-going adventure through history that also included a delicious lunch served outdoors in a classic Spanish setting.