- Ubud cultural centre
- Balinese Royal Palace
- Sarasvati temple
- Lontar manuscript workshop
Ubud is known being the cultural centre of Bali. It is also where the Royal Families still reside. In this trip you will learn Bali history from the time of Kingdom, far before Bali become Indonesia and before the colonial era.
All this is packaged in a walking tour around the central Ubud, starting from the Ubud Art Market as the meeting point, then visiting the Royal Palace - Puri Saren Agung Ubud, then move to Sarasvati Temple and finishing the trip at the local Cafe for Lontar Manuscript workshop. Lontar is palm-leaf that was used in the past as a paper, where to write on it you will use a small razor-blade to make scars on the palm leaf followed by rubbing charred candlenut to make the scar materialize as writing.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who is into culture & history
Medium - the heat might be a bit hard to walk around
Meet Our Local Host
8AM - Meeting at the pick up point and briefing before experience
8:10AM - Leaving for the first meeting point
9:30AM - Arrival at Ubud Art Market (Meeting Point)
9:30AM-11:30AM - Walking tour with itinerary (Ubud Art Market, Puri Saren Agung Ubud, Sarasvati Temple, Lontar Manuscript Workshop at Cafe Lotus)
11:30AM - Leaving back to Canggu
**The order of the program can be changed depending on the situation on the day of the trip.
– Transportation to Ubud and back to Canggu
- Local guide & trainer
- All entrance fee
- Workshop kit
What's Not Included
– Snacks and drinks
– Shopping expenses
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable clothes
- Please bring hat, sunscreen and sunglasses for the heat and or umbrella, rain coat in case of rain
- The walking tour itself will last about 2 hours, the remaining 3 hrs are kept aside for the commute time from Canggu to Ubud and back to Canggu at the moderate time length anticipating traffic.
- There will be no breakfast or lunch provided. Please get a bite before meeting at the pick up point or bring some snacks with your for the trip.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the start of the experience