- Culinary Based Event
- Spend about 4 hrs learning to cook traditional Tanzanian dishes.
- Meet and interact with a local entrepreneur
- Have a fun time laughing and cooking
This is an authentic Tanzanian cooking class run by a local restaurant owner. This class has been specially curated for Remote Year in Arusha. It will take place at Kitamu where remotes will participate in making tasty Tanzanian dishes. Come with an appetite for some Tanzanian cuisine.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone in need of an inspirational story and a lesson in making traditional meals.
Meet Our Local Host
Leah Assenga is an inspiring young woman, resilient ,hardworking and determined. Through her journey of making her life dream come to reality she has conquered the hearts of her customers who are not only customers but brand enthusiasts and so many upcoming business owners .
She is the founder and acting Director of Kitamu Africa, a coffee shop with local delicacies and a dessert brand, the café was officially opened and operational in (2017) – located on Goliondoi Street, moments from the Clock Tower, the city's center piece and prime area – it had to be called Kitamu Coffee also famously known as "The cutest cafe in town" and for the customers who came in kept coming back and the ever-smiling Leah became 'Dada Kitamu'.
- 2 PM pickup at RY coworking space
- 30 minute drive to host location
- Intro and start of cooking lessons and interaction and eat meal together
- End session and drive back to RY co working space
- Round trip transportation
- Cooking lesson, food and all materials needed to make meals
What’s Not Included
- Meals and merchandise available at site
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 4 people
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: 8 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No. It is a cooking class.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping/additional services/other food from the restaurant
- Accommodation: Information about accommodation
- Transportation: Information about transportation