- Learn the basics of standing on your board or develop your surf level
- Enjoy the full vibe of surfing at one of the many beaches around Lisbon.
We will meet with Nuno, a local surfer and friend of Remote Year, for an intro surf lesson. He will pick up the group at the meeting point (near the coworking space) and drive you to a close by beach that is adequate for everyone's surf level.
Nuno will teach you the basics of standing on your board or help you develop your surf level. All levels are welcome and accommodated for. We encourage you to sign up multiple times throughout the month to get the full vibe of surfing! The surf culture in Portugal is huge so make sure you get to experience it first hand.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who loves sports and outdoors activities
- Anyone who loves the sea and being in the water
- Surf board rental
- Lesson tailored to your experience
- Round trip transportation
What's Not Included
Know Before You Go
- Minimum to operate: 4
- Maximum to operate: 16
- Deadline to book: 48h prior the start of the experience
- Weather dependent
- Special clothing required - Bathing suit, towel, comfortable clothes
- Bring water
Nuno is the Surf School Manager, and also organizes some great adventure activities. He worked with all the Remote Year groups in Lisbon since the first one in 2016. He is Portuguese, lives in Cascais and loves everything related to the ocean and nature.
Frequently Asked Questions
I had never surfed before but Nuno and his assistant were great! It’s hard work and really good exercise. It rained a little and was still fun! Highly suggest going at least once.
BUT had so much fun!! The guys were awesome and our group never stopped laughing. Definitely recommend!
I did the 4-pack and went surfing once/week while in Lisbon. This was one of the most fun things I did on the entire trip! I'm not a surfer at all (never tried before) --- but the guides were super helpful and all of us stood up on tons of waves throughout. One lesson or four - I would recommend! Also, Nuno got some awesome pics of me looking like a surfer.