- Tour the majestic Uluwatu Temple
- Oversee the South Bali Sea from the cliff
- Enjoy the sunset while watching the Kecak Fire Dance performance
- Tour along with the furry dwellers of the Uluwatu temple; the exotic long-tailed Macaques
This trip will take you to the South of Bali where a specific splendid landmark is located. Uluwatu Temple or in local language called as Pura Uluwatu is a Balinese Hindu sea temple overlooking the south Bali sea. Uluwatu itself derives from Ulu (edge) and Watu (rock). In which explains its location, sitting at the edge of a cliff (rock). Your driver will tour you around the temple before you get into the open theater where you will watch the Balinese famous Kecak Dance with orange hue of the sunset as the background. Cak…cak…cak chants will be heard all over the place when the performers start their performance.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Culture enthusiast or if you don’t wanna miss out on Balinese one of most-have-to bucket list.
Easy, this trip only requires you to walk around and sit to watch the performance.
Meet Our Local Host
Pak Made is a local Balinese from Tabanan who is now residing in Jimbaran. He has an extensive amount of experience in hospitality. He just recently came back from Maldives working in one of the resorts over there, but decided to come back home because “there is no place like Bali” quote him.
- Pick up at the accommodation
- Going to Uluwatu
- Putting on the temple attire that will be provided upon entry
- Uluwatu Temple Tour
- Watching Kecak Fire Dance
- Stop by at Jimbaran Bay for seafood dinner
- Back to Canggu
- Local Guide - Pak Made will be the driver and guide
- Ground Transportation - Round trip to Uluwatu and back to Canggu
- Walking Tour - Uluwatu Temple
- Entrance Fees
Know Before You Go
- The performance for the Kecak Fire dance usually starts at 6PM. However, it is based on first come first serve. Once the seatings are full, it will be closed. No refund will be given if you missed the performance. Make sure to be inside the theater at least 30 mins before the performance starts.
- The monkeys at Uluwatu Temple are known to be cheeky monkeys, you should keep all your belongings close to you.
- Don’t wear something that may attract the monkey to steal. Best to bring a backpack not a sling bag or handbag just to avoid being snatched by the monkeys.
- Don’t feed the monkeys, the managers of the temple gave the monkeys food regularly.
- Be extra cautious when taking photos or having your phone/camera on your hand, the monkeys might easily snatch it from you. The same applies to your sunglasses/glasses.
- The end of this trip depends on your dinner time. You can stay a little bit longer enjoying the food and the ambiance that is gonna make it a little bit longer, or you can go back directly to Canggu after you finish your meal.
- Tipping for your host/driver is not necessary.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
4 days prior to the start of the experience