- Unworldly landscapes
- Nature walks
- Visit local swiss farmer
- Visit to a Brewery in the mountains
Join us in the gem of Central Europe, Switzerland, where we’ll spend the weekend adventuring the Swiss Alps with contrasting landscapes from mountain passes and untouched waterfalls to Swiss farms and nature at its best. Interlaken is situated between two lakes and in the middle of the mountains – a location unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before. Thanks to its endless amount of natural beauty, outdoor adventures and adrenaline experiences, the itinerary allows for a healthy mix of planned activity and even more free time. Jump out of an airplane over the Swiss Alps, bungee jump over a lake or simply take a stroll around the town for breathtaking views and fresh Swiss air.
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is for everyone who loves nature and adventure. There are foodie experiences, high adrenaline options, beautiful walks and hikes in nature, scenic lakes and sunset views. This trip is not the best option for someone on a tight budget.
All included activities are easy. Optional activities will require varying levels of intensity dependent on your interest and comfort level.
Day 1 - Arrival Day
We will be picked up at the Basel Airport and transfer to Interlaken. Transfer will take 2-3 hours and expected arrival should be in the early afternoon. For anyone interested, there will be a casual walking tour around the town. Otherwise, the afternoon and evening are free to explore. Dinner reservations at a Swiss restaurant can be made on request.
After breakfast, we'll visit the Lauterbrunnen Valley and take a Gondola up into the mountains. We will then begin a 2 hour hike downhill on a path to Gimmelwald. Along the way we will visit a local Swiss farmer to have a local Swiss product sampling and short visit to the farm on the mountain. We will continue our descent to Gimmelwald where we will stop at a brewery and have a short break for lunch. After lunch we will go to the Trummelbach Falls, a natural world heritage site. Afterwards, we'll head back to Interlaken.
Day 3- Free Day For Activities
Breakfast will be available at the hotel in the morning. The rest of the day will be left open. There are plenty of options that range from free hiking to jumping out of a plane, depending on your interest! All adventure activities can be purchased in person. Activities include: Hiking (Free), Lake Swimming (Free), Biking around town, Bungy Jump, Sky Diving, Paragliding, Canyon Swing and more!
Day 4 - Departure Day
Breakfast will be available at the hotel in the morning. We'll depart for the airport in the morning for return flights.
- Breakfast Day 2, 3 & 4
- Three star hotel in Central Village
- Free Interlaken transport card
- RT Gondola Transport to Lauterbrunnen and Gimmelwald
- Local Swiss experience: visit to Swiss farmer
- Visit to Natural world heritage site: Trummelbach falls
- Free Access to Public pools in Interlaken
- 5% discount on local adventure tickets
What's Not Included
- Food - Meals not mentioned above
- Optional extras for adventure activities
Know Before You Go
- Please bring: Swimsuit (for water activities), Passport, Sunscreen, Sandals, Sportswear / Comfortable walking / sports shoes (Hiking boots not necessary)
- This trip includes a lot of free time, intentionally, to allow for additional adventure activity bookings. Participants do not have to book additional activities and are more than welcome to enjoy the free hiking, free transport passes, free pools and lakes.
- Additional spending on this trip may be more than other Side Trips due to higher cost of living in Switzerland as well as endless amounts of adventure activities.
Minimum Needed To Operate
Deadline To Book
June 22, 2022