- Climb aboard the vintage Portuguese UMM Jeep and tackle the best of the Sintra region
- Explore the lush forests and seaside cliffs of Sintra-Cascais Natural Park
Get ready for an unforgettable adventure through the lush forests and sheer coastline of the UNESCO world heritage landscape! Climb aboard the legendary restored vintage Portuguese UMM Jeep and tackle the best of the Sintra region, feeling the wind in your hair as we go off-road through the lush forests of Sintra-Cascais Natural Park and the seaside cliffs of mainland Europe’s westernmost point, Cabo da Roca. We will also hike, starting at Peninha Sanctuary, from where you can catch 360-degree views of the forest, ocean, Lisbon, Sintra, and Cascais. The trail wanders through one of the most amazing and mystical forests in the world. Up here on the mountain, a microclimate allows all types of plants and trees from around the globe to grow, from pines to ferns, plus some mysterious secrets.
To recharge the energy we will have a traditional Portuguese picnic in Sintra’s mystical woods and taste some local pastries and liqueur while listening to some stories, myths, and legends of this magical place.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who loves nature and outdoors activities
- An awesome local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at Portela Sintra train station
- Off-road experiences in vintage 4x4 jeeps
- Epic sound system!
- Local and traditional sweet “Travesseiro de Sintra” pastry
- Taste of unique Portuguese “Ginjinha” Liqueur or Porto wine
- Picnic in Bosque dos Druidas
- Water, smartphone chargers, blankets, umbrellas, sunscreen, and a few good surprises here and there
- Great memories to take home
What's Not Included
- Extra food
- Pick up and Drop off in Lisbon
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: Yes - The itinerary might change depending on the weather conditions
- Difficulty Level: Easy - There is a 1h30 easy hike
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, bring comfortable shoes, a sweater or jacket, sunglasses, and good vibes
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Each UMM jeep seats up to 7 people
- This journey is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, back problems, or pregnant women.
A young adventure-seeking lad born and raised in Sintra, Chico always wanted his own vintage military 4×4 (and to avoid a desk job, obviously). He and his crew of Portuguese amigos run experiences and journeys in Sintra and Cascais, just 40 minutes west of Lisbon. They all have been taking the path less traveled and exploring the mysterious forests, hilltop castles, and sheer coastline since they could sneak past mum’s watchful eyes. Now they will share their best-kept secrets with you.