- Culinary Experience
- Trip to a market
- Cook and eat at a local family’s home
Join a cooking experience that explores the flavors and history of Senegalese cuisine. With a trip to the local market guide by our host Alex, we will pick up needed items for cooking our traditional meal. Final stop will be at Alex's home where he will teach how to cook and share the history and culture of Thieboudiene.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone in love with cooking authentic food.
Meet Our Local Host
Alex is a local tour guide. He speaks French and English. He is excited about all things Dakar. He is looking forward to meeting and hosting remotes at various experiences.
- Meet at workspace
- Ride together to a local food market
- After market, head over to Alex's family home
- Learn how to cook a local dish, then Bon appetite!
- Ride back to workspace together
- Taxi Fee
- Local host
- Learning of a main senegalese dish
What’s Not Included
- Market items
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 15 people
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs can be catered to upon request
- Extra Cash: additional services / market items
- Transportation: Taxi to and from workspace
Frequently Asked Questions
Alex and his family were so friendly and welcoming. We walked through town to pick up fresh fish, vegetables and spices. Once back at the house, everyone pitched in to prepare the meal. We were chopping, grinding, stirring and frying. And we got to hold an adorable baby! Then we ate the very delicious (but very spicy!) food. Then Alex's family surprised us with music and dancing! They were so warm and hospitable...highly recommend!