- A way to experience Palermo's culture and get in touch with local people.
- Have a taste of all the specialities and culinary treasures hidden in the centre of Palermo
The morning tour is dedicated to the exploration of historical markets and street food Some of the most typical street foods we often taste during our tours are arancina (rice ball), panelle & crocchè (chickpea and potato fritters), the famous pani ca' meusa (spleen sandwich), and the historic Sicilian dessert: il cannolo (cannoli). On this tour, you will also learn all about the food and its history, the recipes, and all the secrets of this unique world of colors, smells, and rich humanity. Also during this tour, your guide will point out the particular architectural, artistic, and structural elements of the city of Palermo. The street food you will taste on your tour changes based on what is available that day and what is in season. Every tour attendee is free to choose what they would like to buy and eat, respecting their tastes and food restrictions.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Everyone who loves food and culture
Meet our local host
Giorgio loves hosting experiences for nomads and meeting people from all over the world. He is a professional Trip Leader and Food guide, he loves food and wine and always loves to find out and tell the incredible connections between the millenary culture of the glittering Palermo and his food traditions.
- Guided tour
What's Not Included
- Food sample, we love to let our customers free to buy what they prefer, calculate about € 10 pp for 5-6 street food tasting. Every tour attendee is free to choose what they would like to buy and eat, respecting their tastes and food restrictions.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6
- Maximum Capacity: 12
- Booking Deadline: 8 days before the event
- Difficulty Level: Easy , but please wear good walking shoes, this is a walking tour
- If you would like to eat/buy some of the food we see on the tour, it is a good idea to have coins and small bills. Many street vendors do not have change for 20s and 50s and would probably laugh if you offered them a credit card