- Visit a small farm and learn about the history and production process of super-premium olive oil
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage city of Évora.
Do you know how olive oil is made? Have you ever participated in a proper olive oil tasting? We'll start this experience by visiting a small farm where a super-premium olive oil is produced, discovering the secrets of the production, and learning about the history and the process with our host João. João inherited the family's farm with centenary olive trees and decided to produce there one of the best olive oils in Portugal! After a picnic on João's farm, we'll have free time to explore the city of Évora! UNESCO world heritage, Évora is full of places to discover like the chapel of bones and the Roman Temple!
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who is interested in the gastronomy of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone passionate about history and culture
- Entrance to the farm
- Local guide: João
- Walking tour around the farm
- Olive oil tasting
- Water and juices
- Round trip from Lisbon
What's Not Included
- Extra food/drinks
- Activities in Évora
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 6 people
- Maximum Capacity: 14 people
- Booking Deadline: 6 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy - There is a small walk around the farm and free time to walk around Évora
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, bring comfortable clothes
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: buy products in the farm
João is a high school professor that inherited the family's farm with centenary olive trees and decided to produce there one of the best olive oils in Portugal!
Frequently Asked Questions
This experience was one of my favorite parts of the trip! It was an amazing local experience, and so special to hear Joao's story of his olive oil farm, learn more about olive oil production, and spend time in such a peaceful location. Evora was a charming town that was absolutely worth the afternoon to explore!
A must-do experience!