Highlights- Music, Arts & Crafts Experience
- 3 hour experience with traditional dance lessons and a lunch
- Located at Natural History Museum of Arusha
- Come to be culturally immersed
DescriptionCome learn, come dance to Tanzanian traditional beats and rhythms. You will learn various tribal dances of Tanzania and the meanings behind them. End the session with a group lunch catered for on site.
Who This Experience Is Good ForLovers of history and dance
Meet Our Local HostThey call themselves UWASA, established in 1992. This group is associated with the Museum Art Center, and is also located at the Natural History Museum of Arusha. They are committed to the preservation of the traditional dances used by different tribes found here in Tanzania. Come learn and experience the meaning of different traditional dances found in Tanzania.
Itinerary- 10:45 AM meet at RY coworking space and head to the Natural History Museum (transport included)
- 11 AM welcome and start of lesson and dance experience.
- 12:30 PM Lunch at the cafe located at the Museum.
- Choose to head back to coworking space with RY (transport included) or explore the town on your own and come back when you wish
What’s Included- Lessons and history of tribal traditional dances
- Lunch with soft drinks
- Transportation to and from the coworking space
What’s Not Included- Entrance or other fees associated with the Natural History Museum of Arusha
- Alcoholic beverages available at purchase
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 10 people
- Maximum Capacity: N/a
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No. Just remember you are learning to dance
- Special Dietary Restrictions: No
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
- Transportation: Round Trip transportation from coworking space is included
Frequently Asked Questions
Freddie and team were amazing! They sang us a lot of wonderful songs combined with traditional dancing. Afterwards we got to try out the drumming ourselves followed by a vigorous dance lesson. We had a lot of fun and we finished up with a SUPER delicious meal. The venue was great, and we even came back later during the month to enjoy movie night!