- Learn about New Orlean’s style voodoo from a local voodoo priest
- Behind the scenes tour the Voodoo Authentica Cultural Center
- Receive a special gift
New Orleans voodoo 101 is an introduction to this widely misunderstood local spiritual tradition. Hosted by 'real deal' voodoo priest Papa Zaar, and Voodoo Authentica owner Brandi Kelley, you will learn about the traditions, potions and rituals of New Orleans voodoo. You’ll also enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the Voodoo Authentica Cultural Center & Collection a Practitioner-owned and operated establishment, founded in 1996. Each guest leaves with a practitioner-made and blessed item.
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is good for anyone who is interested to learn more about Voodoo and people looking for a spiritual experience.
Meet Our Local Host
Mambo Brandi is a New Orleans native, initiated Voodoo Priestess, founder of the annual VOODOOFEST and the owner of Voodoo Authentica of New Orleans Cultural Center & Collection. Papa Zaar is a New Orleans Voodoo Priest, Reader & Spiritual Worker at Voodoo Authentica of New Orleans.
- Arrive at Voodoo Authentica
- Meet hosts
- Tour center and learn about New Orleans voodoo
- Take away gift
What’s Not Included
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 3 people
- Maximum Capacity: 5 (if more are interested we need to move it to later)
- Booking Deadline: 7 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: NA
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / souvenirs
- Transportation: Not included. 20 min walk from Selina
- Additional Information: Participants will get a ‘local’s membership’ at Voodoo Authentica, entitling them to a 10% discount on all reading, cleanses and items from the shop