- Hiking "the most beautiful hill in the world" (according to J.W. Von Goethe)-Catch the stunning views but also gain a sense of historical context of this staggeringly beautiful mountain which you see from almost all main streets of the city.
The route takes place into a natural reserve, crossing different ecosystems of vegetation like Mediterranean scrub, woods, a canyon, a natural pond, and other rocky areas. We'll visit the Sanctuary of Santa Rosalia, the Saint Patron of Palermo. After a break in the square nearby, we’ll start to go back using a very panoramic path. Give yourself the possibility to watch the beautiful landscape, the city, and the sea from above.
The hike is 7 km long and the ascent is around 450 m. The path is very rocky and also very steep in some short passages. This route is not the easiest but for sure is the most beautiful to climb up the mountain. Some parts are particular and in the wild, even the majority of the locals don't know this way.
Luca will share with you my knowledge of the local fauna and flora, the geology, the information about the surrounding nature, and the history of the places we cross.
A real treasure you can't miss if you visit Palermo and if you love to walk inside nature and a bit into the wild. Perfect to get a complete view and understanding of the city.
- Anyone who loves spending time in nature
Luca was born and raised in Palermo. He loves Sicily, its mountains, and its sea. He has always loved exploring and grew up collecting tons of adventures. He loves practicing disciplines that involve body and mind at the same time, and I always chase harmony with the environment that surrounds me. I love spending my time in nature, traveling by bicycle, and conquering the highest peaks (more than 4000m when possible). He has always tried to convey his love and his passion for this land and its beautiful nature, and that's why he decided to become an AIGAE environmental hiking guide. He is an expert in the Palermo area, especially of the seasides and all the mountains.
- Official and professional guide- Transportation Roundtrip
- Food/drinks- Personal equipment
- Minimum Needed: 5 people- Maximum Capacity: 6 people- Booking Deadline: 4 days before event- Weather Dependent: Yes (it's too slippery if it rains)- Difficulty Level: Medium - please see specifications below- Special Clothing Required: Yes - Is suggested to use good and proper mountain shoes, but in case it’s also ok to walk with good trainers or sandals. Hiking shoes are not obligatory but are always suggested
Good walking skills are required. It is suggested to use good and proper mountain shoes, but in case it’s also ok to walk in good trainers or sandals. Hiking shoes are not obligatory but always suggested.
This experience is not suitable if you suffer from dizziness, you are afraid of altitude, steep or rocky, or if exposed; you feel a 400 m ascent by feet (kind of 130 floors, spread through the whole walk) would be too much for you; you have some specific injuries or joints problems (knee, ankle, hips, spine, etc).
Quick, lovely before working hike. Really enjoyed this morning and the church at the top :)