- 3 Day / 3 Night in a moroccan Riad with Spa near the Medina
- Explore and immerse in Marrakesh lifestyle
- Ourika Valley Waterfalls and Atlas Mountains
- Tea at Berber's Family House
Morocco has a unique atmosphere, it has been recognized for the variety of its magnificent landscapes and for the hospitality of its inhabitants. On this weekend adventure you will discover the authentic Moroccan culture with its amazing colors and cuisine and admire the sunset on the dunes, stroll on the back of a dromedary. Visit the majestic Atlas mountains and the Ourika Valley Waterfalls. You will also experience how the moroccan tea is prepared at a Berber's Family House. All while you keep exploring and tasting the small details that this destination will offer you. Embark on a dream trip through Marrakech!
Who This Experience Is Good For
You are an adventurous soul, ready to immerse in new cultures, get off the beaten track. You crave to spend time in nature and be surrounded by an aligned group of peers.
- Private airport transfer from RAK airport to accommodation. There will be someone with a "Remote Year" sign waiting at the airport for the guests.
- We will have a welcome dinner in the Jemaa El Fna where you can watch the square come alive at night, with musicians, artists, and crowds of locals.
- Start the day with a storytelling experience in a museum to travel in time while drinking some Moroccan whiskey = mint tea. For about one hour.
- Afterwards a guided tour to discover some of the hidden gems of Marrakech with a local guide. For about 3 hours.
- Lunch at a rooftop in the Medina = old city (not included)
- Dinner in Agafay desert: quad + camel ride (optional)
- Day trip to the Atlas Mountains
- Visit beautiful and amazing places including the Atlas Mountains, Ourika Valley, Asni Valley, and Sidi Fares Valley
- Experience the local Berber culture
- Enjoy tea with a Berber family
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a local’s family house
- Free time or optional upgrade activity Hot Air Balloon trip (Optional)
- Free time or optional upgrade activity Hammam (Optional)
- Private airport transfer to RAK airport for recommended flight
- Flight back to Valencia
Optional Upgrade Activities:
ATV experience + Camel Ride + Dinner in the desert
Embark on a magical evening adventure in the Agafay Desert, just a short drive from Marrakech. Enjoy a quad bike ride and explore the stunning desert landscape at sunset. Then, indulge in a traditional Moroccan dinner under the stars, featuring delicious local dishes and authentic mint tea. This experience is the perfect way to experience the beauty and culture of Morocco.
Hot Air Balloon Trip
Before breakfast guests will take part in a unique experience in the heights of Marrakesh. Beautiful sunrise experience, with a 40-60 min journey in a hot air balloon with views over the desert and Atlas Mountains. Round trip transport also included. The trip can be included at an additional cost- To be announced.
After breakfast guests will take part in a traditional Moroccan experience. This includes a full body clay mask in the steam room, followed by an exfoliating scrub down. It's wonderful to soften the skin and detox the body. A full body relaxation massage with Moroccan oil can be added to complete the incredible experience. The massage can be included at an additional cost- To be announced.
- Welcome dinner
- Storytelling with drinks, sweets, and entrance to mouassine museum
- Guided tour of marrakech highlights (entrance fees to the monuments are not included)
- Day trip to the atlas: breakfast + lunch + transportation
- Accomodation in a charming riad (the cost may change for other periods as june is not the peak season)
- Local Guide
- Transfer from RAK Airport to Hotel and Hotel to RAK Airport
- Lunch Day 3
- Dinner Day 1
- 3 nights accommodation in twin bedrooms (or private if booked)
- Walking Tour of Marrakesh
What's Not Included
- Lunch Day 1, 2 and 4
- Dinner Day 2,3 and 4
- Airport Transfers from Accommodation at RY City Airport/ from RY City Airport to Accommodations
- Morocco Tourist Tax
- Anything not mentioned above
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: Thursday 8th
- Weather Dependent: Yes - If there weather is extreme at any moment, some events might need to be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, comfortable clothing for the camel ride and hike to waterfalls.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary restrictions will be gathered.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Morocco is a wild and interesting place. I'm glad I got to visit there with a great group.
I was so grateful to be able to do Morroco with RY from Valencia. Checked off a couple of bucket list items.
Morocco is kind of a tough place to navigate on your own, so I'm happy I did this with RY (vs booking it solo). Having someone else plan the airport transportation, pick a place to stay, and think up an itinerary was really nice. Plus, I felt safer knowing that RY was taking care of us - i.e. their vendors would be trustworthy, if something happens there's someone you can trust to help.
The experience of staying in a Riad in the Medina was really unique / authentic (much more memorable than your typical hotel), and the Riad host was a huge help. We had an amazing, delicious breakfast spread every morning at the Riad, and the owner was so kind about offering to escort us to/from where we needed to be if we got lost.
I think RY has a couple of kinks to work out as far as the planned activities go (to be expected, this was the very first time they ran this trip). I'd like to see track-style choices - i.e. the group will do "abc" and then you can choose to do either "x" or "y" before meeting back up with the group for dinner. This would allow for people with different priorities/fitness levels/interests to fully participate. I really enjoyed the Berber tea house and the food tour with Taha though - both are things I never would have done on my own and were authentic local experiences.