Cape town, South Africa
- Chance to sea ocean wildlife - dolphin, seals, sun fish and occasionally wales
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivaled. Our 2-hour Kayak Tour will take you along the stunning Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the V&A Waterfront, past the Green Point lighthouse, to the Mouille Point lighthouse before cruising back to base at the Atlantic Outlook clubhouse. Dolphins, seals, penguins, sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town waters and while we may not be lucky enough to encounter all this beautiful wildlife on every tour, we can assure you that all your senses will be tantalized. Let’s go Kayaking!
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who loves nature and outdoor activities
Meet Our Local Hosts
Jordy Zeelie and Shanti Stewart, who head up our kayak tours, are both talented athletes having represented South Africa in kayaking and lifesaving. Their passion for life and adventure is contagious, creating a tour experience that is warm, friendly, fun and memorable.
Jordy is a local and the co-founder of Atlantic Outlook. He rates this stretch of coastline in Cape Town for having the best conditions and most unique views of Cape Town, and he will be guiding your morning experience on the Atlantic Ocean.
***Please note that alternative guides may be used on the day so no guarantee Jordy/Shanti will be taking the experience***
-Kayaks, Paddles, Lifejackets and other safety equipment
What's Not Included
- Transportation - The start point is a 2-3 min walk from the accommodation
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 1 person
- Maximum Capacity: 26 people
- Booking Deadline: 2 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes (will be confirmed on morning of experience)
- Difficulty Level: Easy - No previous experience needed
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - Bring along a windbreaker in case the weather cools down on the water as well as clothing suitable for getting wet and optionally a change of dry clothes for afterwards
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping if you wish
***Please Note: Participants must be physically able to paddle and should have no known health issues. Depending on numbers there might be non RY participants on this activity***
Frequently Asked Questions
Saw dolphin, penguins and a seal! Great way to start the day!
Did get a little sea sick so be mindful if that if you haven’t been on the ocean in a while…☺️
It's not a ton of kayaking, we sat a lot to wait for the larger group to catch up / huddle together. Beautiful views of Cape Town!
Jordy is a legend. His charisma freakin rocks and makes the whole experience.
See some wild ones out there, be a wild one, splish splash, get wet. It's grand.
Kayaking with Jordy!! We are missioning bru! What an epic morning for wildlife. The kayaks were easy to maneuver and great for viewing the wildlife and fun with the group.
What better way to start a day then out on the ocean amongst the dolphins, seals and sunfish?! Absolutely lekker 🤩