- Learn more about Valencia history & culture
- Get to know the Old Town and the historical importance of it
- Taste the Typical Horchata and Farton
Welcome to Spain's third largest but perhaps most underdiscovered city, giving you access to everything from history, culture, stunning architecture, beaches and world class parks. Its creative international energy mixes with the old and modern of Spanish cultures along with its unique regional Valencian customs in a special way, from its fabulous festivals to its renowned cuisine, makes the Valencia lifestyle hard to replicate anywhere. With over 300 days of sun on average a year, no wonder Valencians and its residents are so positive and it is continuously voted one of the best cities to live in Europe.
Connect with Valencia like a native by understanding the deep roots of its history on a sensory visit, experiencing the tangibility, smells and tastes of bygone eras. With a local expert, take this walking crash course of 2000 years of Valencian and Spanish history in two hours, and see how it affects world history at large and perhaps even your own personal past. Exploring the gothic quarter and the most emblematic highlights, you will feel a connection to Valencia through the stories related to you. From tribal Iberian to Roman, Medieval and modern times, you will be amazed at the secrets lying in the walls, stones and plazas that you could easily miss without this active, fun and expertly curated visit. We finish at the Central Market, sampling the tastes of history, and mentally digest the vast past of the old kingdom of Aragon.
Who Is This Experience Good For- Anyone who loves history & culture
- Anyone interested in visiting museums & main monuments
- Anyone interested in markets
- Private expert guide
- Entrances to the UNESCO Silk Exchange
- Horchata and farton tasting at Central Market (or allergy-alternative)
What's Not Included
- Extra food
- Extra drinks
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 10 people
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes, if there is heavy rain we will have to postpone or cancel.
- Difficulty Level: Easy, but 2 hours walking.
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, comfortable shoes.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Fartons are not gluten free.
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / Shopping at Central Market
Frequently Asked Questions
A wonderful introduction to the city and its history!
Sara Kate gives such a great tour through Old Town. She is a wealth of knowledge and has great stories to contextualize the history that surrounds you in Valencia. This isn’t just a tour of the market, you walk around several sites throughout Old Town, all of which are beautiful.
This was a great way to get oriented with the centre of town and Josep was a fun guide - full of little details and stories. I’d recommend making time for this tour to anyone new in town, as a way to get a basic understanding of the city’s geography and history.
Our tour guide was both engaging and well versed in the culture and history. Information and conversation flowed, and his sense of humor added a wonderful touch to the day.
Sara Kate's tour of Old Town, Valencia was amazing. She is passionate, full of knowledge and eager to answer questions about the city. The tour of the UNESCO site Lonja de la Seda in the Market Square is unlike any other you can find, as is the tour of the Roman ruins museum under the city! Make sure to take part in trying Spanish Horchata "Orxata" and Fartons!
If you're lucky enough to tour on a Thursday you will also observe a 1,000 year old tradition, The Tribunal de Las Aguas or 'Water Court.'