- Explore the French Quarter with a guide
- Learn about the history of cocktails in New Orleans (They were invented here!)
- Sample some specialty drinks
- Visit historic bars and restaurants
Sometimes it’s about a bar. Sometimes it’s about a bartender. Or a cocktail so fine that everything is right in your world. A history. A legend. A quirk. A destination not to be missed. Or one that will soon be worthy to be the same. These are the bars and restaurants of the French Quarter. We have hand-picked a select few to share with you as an insider. Their histories, libations and sometimes the personalities that make them tick. Let me please introduce myself: I’m your cocktail concierge. Together, we will imbibe our way across the French Quarter, reveling in the drinks that this legendary cocktail town made famous. Particularly when you consider this: The cocktail culture of New Orleans has a history and importance similar to jazz. Block for block, street for street, bar for bar, bartender for bartender, drink by drink, we put it to you that there is no more important, or accessible, cocktail city in the world for blowing you away with the cocktail’s foundational history, and the simple yet profound pleasures of enjoying one, than New Orleans.
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is good for people who enjoy learning about history, anyone who likes cocktails and people who want to explore the French Quarter.
Meet Our Local Host
Brian Huff has been a professional writer and photographer in both the Spirits and Travel industries. He left the United States at first opportunity on what became a twenty year odyssey in search of adventure and material, immersing himself in tourism from London to the Caribbean to Saudi Arabia. Now a resident of New Orleans for the past thirteen years, he counts New Orleans and Southern Louisiana as, perhaps, his greatest obsessions and is honored to be your Trip Leader, sharing with you this unique and wonderful world called Cajun Country.
- 3pm - meet guide at starting point
- Tour bars and restaurants of the French Quarter
- 6pm - tour ends
- 1 cocktail included
What’s Not Included
- Additional drinks
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 2 people
- Maximum Capacity: 10 people
- Booking Deadline: 2 days before event
- Weather Dependent:No
- Difficulty Level: Moderate. This tour covers a few miles in the French Quarter, but with regular stops.
- Special Clothing Required: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping, some bars may be cash only
- Transportation: Not included. Easy walk from Selina
- Additional Information: This is a 3-hour walking tour