Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Culinary Experience
- Learn to make beef/veggies empanadas from scratch and alfajores de dulce de leche.
- Enjoy empanadas pairing with wine
- Learn all the secrets about mate, the national tea.
If you're in Argentina you might be eating empanadas everywhere/everyday and you will start to notice some differences. We are pretty sure you will find your favorite empanada restaurant as well!
In this experience we invite you to Marina's house, a 'petit hotel house' in the residential neighborhood of Caballito, where we teach you Sara Figueroa’s recipe, the empanada world’s champion! These empanadas are from Tucuman province and we’ll teach you all about them: how to cook them from scratch, the implicit empanada code, the art in the empanada shape, and the best part: we'll eat them pairing with excellent wines.
There are other two symbols of our national gastronomy: Alfajores de dulce de leche and mate. We'll make our own alfajores and we teach you how to prepare a mate properly!
Who Is This Experience Good For
Anyone who enjoys food
Meet Our Local Host
Marina is an Argentinian journalist that loves cooking and sharing her recipes with others! She will be in charge of the making and cooking part and Nayla will be assisting her.
- Marina will be waiting for us with something to eat while we wait for everyone to arrive.
- At 11 we'll meet at Amberes 931, Caballito.
- We’ll start making the empanadas while learning about them.
- When we are done, we’ll put them in the oven and we'll prepare the dessert: famous alfajores.
- After that, we’ll eat the empanadas paired with some wines
- Mate class while we enjoy our alfajores.
- Food (beef and vegetarian empanadas)
- A bottle of wine per 3 guests
What's Not Included
Know Before You Go
-Minimum Needed: 4 people
- Maximum Capacity: 10 people
- Booking Deadline: 4 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy - no experience needed
- Special Clothing Required: No, just keep in mind we’ll be cooking.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered - Please let us know beforehand, and we’ll accommodate.
- Transportation: Guests can uber to the address.