- 1.300 hectares forest, Alas Mertajati
- Kayaking on Lake Tamblingan
- Play a traditional wooden toy called gangsing with the locals
- Cooking with the locals
- Dolphins in Lovina
- Snorkeling with local fishermen who do coral conservation
Join us on a 2 day 1 night trip to a 1300 hectares forest of Alas Mertajati. With various activities like field trips and historical lessons, as well as trekking, lake explorations, and of course, local cuisine. Not only that, on the second day you’d get to watch dolphins in the wild from a boat continued by snorkeling with the local fishermen who are on a mission to conserve the corals.
The underlying purpose of this trip is to educate ourselves, to see the reality that no matter how advanced society becomes, nature should never be exploited.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Naturalists and those who are seeking to challenge themselves to step out of their comfort zone
Easy to medium, the trip will require a little bit of forest trekking.
Meet Our Local Host
Putu Willy Suputra is 27 y.o. He is a young man who lives in a peaceful place called Munduk, a village located in the mountain slopes of northern Bali. He started working in the tourism sector since he was in university, he used the income to pay for his University tuition fees. He was born and raised in the family who are very proud to be part of Adat Dalem Tamblingan Indigenous community. He believes tourism in his village is only an impact of the wonderful nature the village has, thus He and his community commit to protect, conserve and ensure the sustainability of their nature. “This beautiful world is a home for everyone and all of us who live under the same sky”. Through his activity with other community members, he dreams to keep this wonderful home green for the next generation and runs sustainable tourism for the good of their community and nature itself. Join with his journeyq and make your trip more impactful!
- Pick up at the accommodation
- Trip to North Bali
- Settling in at the accommodation
- Trekking the forest
- Play wooden gangsing with the locals
- Cooking and eating dinner with the locals
- Sleeps at accommodation
- Breakfast box
- Trip to Lovina to watch dolphins
- Back to Canggu
- Local Guide
- Ground Transportation - Roundtrip transportation to Desa Adat Tamblingan Lovina and back to Canggu
- Food - Breakfast - Day 2
- Food - Lunch - Day 1
- Food - Dinner - Day 1
- Local Experience - Kayaking
- Local Experience - Snorkeling
- Local Experience - Trekking to the forest
- Local Experience - Play traditional wooden toy with children
What's Not Included
- Any meals or drinks not mentioned
Know Before You Go
– The workshop is located in Desa Adat Tamblingan - an area in the North of Bali, it will take around three (3) hours to reach the premises. Make sure you have had breakfast beforehand or bring the meal that you can enjoy while commuting to the destination.
– Since it will involves a little bit of physical activities, make sure you have had plenty of rest before the trip started
– The North area of Bali is relatively much colder than South of Bali, make sure you bring along warm clothes
– The residents of this area are a little bit more conservative compared to South of Bali, it is advisable to wear not so revealing clothes
– Packed water and snacks are highly encouraged for the journey.
– Tipping for your host/driver is not necessary.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
7 days prior to the start of the experience