- Visit Green and Fish markets in the Old Town
- Prepare and enjoy 5 simple courses of traditional Dalmatian food
- Learn about healthiest diet in the world
Meet Tanja, a local cookbook author and an expert on traditional Dalmatian cuisine and enjoy a unique cooking class experience in her beautiful home at the very heart of the city. Join her in the morning for a stroll down the green markets and fish markets to see where all your ingredients are coming from. Get a chance to talk to local vendors and find out just how fresh your food is. Carry on talking with Tanja, enjoying a glass of vino while chopping food and get to work as you talk the afternoon away in Tanja’s very own kitchen area. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of recipes shown, as these are proven to amaze and surprise people. Mediterranean food doing what it does best- showing you that sometimes less is more. Enjoy the fruits of your ‘hard labor’ - dalmatian buzzara, sea food pate, prosciutto cooked in wine, aromatized polenta and dried figs cooked in Prošek, all on Tanja’s rooftop terrace and soak up the sun along with all the powerful flavors that will spoil your palate. 5 courses prepared and eaten :)
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone interested in the gastronomy of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone interested in immersing themslves with the local people
- Anyone interested in developing a new skill
- Cooking instruction with local host, Tanja
- All the fresh ingredients for your 5 courses meal
- Great wine
Whats Not Included
- Tanja's very own cookbook which you can purchase on the spot, if you'd like.
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 2 people
- Maximum Capacity: 5 people
- Booking Deadline: Sunday before the week of the event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services
Tanja is Split local and a skilled amateur chef bringing diverse sides of the Croatian cusine to a unique simmer. She is a food blogger and has published her own Dalmatian recipes cookbook.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tanja is a true pleasure to spend the day with. Her passion is evident in the meal we prepared as a group!
I loved this experience. Tanja was a delight and if I lived here full time she and I would be fast friends! I am already a pretty good cook myself, so I wouldn’t call this a cooking class as much as I might call it a local culinary experience. Loved it!
Tanja was so welcoming and warm inviting us into her home and truly making us feel at home!
Wonderful opportunity to learn about foods of Croatia. And have a fun, hands-on experience. Tanja's recipes and instructions are simple and easy to understand. Our results were delicious! Buying her cookbook ensures many a great meal ahead. Yum!
Do it. It will be far better than you could expect. Tanja is phenomenal; buy her book.