- Visit the lacquer-making village and join a lacquer painting class
- Visit the wood carving, the bird-cage-making villages, the conical hat-making village, and the silk village.
The excursion takes you west of Hanoi to the craft villages. They used to be a part of Ha Tay province, which was renowned as the province of a thousand crafts before 2007. You'll be introduced to several workshops and gain a greater knowledge of how crafts are made. At the same time, you will be introduced to the splendor of Vietnamese culture and customs.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
The Craftsmen in craft villages
- Depart to the lacquer-making village.
- You will visit different workshops to learn about the different steps of making lacquer items. After that, you will join a lacquer painting class and make your own masterpiece.
- You will visit the wood carving and the bird-cage-making villages.
- Lunchtime. You will enjoy the famous duck dishes. (optional).
- The trip continues by taking you to the conical hat-making village and the silk village
- Trip finishes
- All tools, equipment, and material required for the workshop
- English speaking facilitator
- Pick-up and drop-off service
What’s Not Included
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
- It is recommended that you bring water as it can get hot during the class and wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on.
- Weather can be unpredictable depending on the season. Make sure to check weather forecasts and updates from your City Manager. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, the City Manager will notify you of alternative options.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the event