Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Visiting Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- Visiting Wat Rong Suea Ten (Blue Temple)
- Visiting Baan Dam (Black House Museum)
Tick off your Thailand’s bucket list by visiting famous White Temple, Black House and Blue Temple in Chiang Rai. These 3 beautiful and stunning buildings were built and decorated by different Thai artists. Their uniqueness are the highlights for many tourists to visit Chiang Rai and observe its arts and architecture.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who love beautiful architecture of temples and want to tick off this bucket list
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
- 7:30 AM Pick up from Palm Springs Parlor parking lot
- Arrive at Chiang Rai Hot Springs (Mae Khajan), a toilet stop spot.
- We’ll continue our journey to the White Temple.
- Visit the privately owned Wat Rong Khun, known as the White Temple. Admire its unique decor made of glass, sculptural pieces and murals all designed by a famous Thai artist.
- Have local lunch.
- Drive about 40 minutes to visit Black house.
- Explore the bizarre Black House (Baan Dam). A collection of buildings that are strikingly different from the White Temple. The buildings are decorated in a ‘dark art’ style complete with heavy wood and metal accents.
- Drive to Blue Temple about 20 minutes
- Arrive at Wat Rong Suea Ten is simply called The Blue Temple. The roof, siding, ceiling, and decorative statues are made from a stunning royal blue.
- Head back to Chiang Mai. 3 hours drive.
- Drop back at Palm Springs Parlor
*The roads are winding, so please be prepare if you have motion sickness
**Please note that the program and the time might be subject to change due to unforeseeable factors that may occur during the trip
- Experienced English speaking guide with license
- 2 bottles of drinking water/person served on the minivan
- Admissions fees for all places
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic and other drinks apart from the bottled water on the minivan
- Coffee at the hot springs
- Toilet fees
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- The order of temples visit might change due to the availability/time spent on each stop. Program are flexible. Times are subject to change, depending on traffic conditions.
- Wear Comfortable but temple-appropriate clothes (cover chest, stomach, knees and shoulders). Please do not wear a dress that shows your legs or leggings. You can wear something comfy like elephant pants.
- Shoes that are easy to take on and off
- Please eat breakfast before the trip starts
- Please bring extra money for some snack and drink, some coins for toilet fees, hand sanitizer and toilet paper
- Depending on weather, please bring rain jacket/poncho (in case of raining), mosquito spray, sun cream, sun glasses
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week prior to the start of the experience
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A chill and fun day trip to see the most extravagant temples around, each with its own unique feel and decor. The cafe for lunch was a fantastic choice as well.