- Visit a village specializing in pottery since the 15th century
- Learn the creative yet relaxing art of pottery
- Take a turn at making your own pottery artwork
- Stop by a historical house famed for its role in history
Bat Trang village, which is located on the Red river’s bank – about 13km from Hanoi center, has been an important ceramic center of Vietnam for centuries. The trip to Bat Trang village not only helps you have more understanding of ceramic production, and ceramic art but also brings you to a calm and quiet space where you can discover the beauty of Vietnamese culture and tradition.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
All born in the same era after the end of the Vietnam War, big brother- Tommy Nguyen (1978, second brother- Tho Nguyen (1983), and little brother- Hai Phung (1984) struggled during their childhood growing up in poverty in different villages in the countryside of Northern Vietnam before moving to Hanoi as students and settle down.
- Meet up with customers at Somerset Grand. Depart to the village.
- Visitors will visit a ceramic workshop specializing in making Fengshui ceramic to learn about different ceramic-making steps.
- You will attend a ceramic-making class.
- Discover ancient parts of Bat Trang ceramic village.
- Lunchtime. You will enjoy the local specialties – bún chả or bánh cuốn.
- You will continue the ceramic-making class by decorating your items
- Walk around Bat Trang ceramic market to visit the outstanding gallery and do shopping.
- Tour finishes.
- Pick up and drop off by Jeep Car
- Experienced driver
- Helmet & rain poncho
- English speaking guide
- All food & drinks - Vegan/Vegetarian options available
What's Not Included
- Anything not mentioned above
Know Before You Go
- Please bring: Water, Sunscreen, and Sunglass
Minimum To Operate
1 week before the event