- Visiting some famous temples inside and around the old town
- Learn some Chiang Mai history
- Learn basic/general info about Buddhism
- Ask any question about Buddhism and monks
Learn some Chiang Mai history and explore some main temples in Chiang Mai with a lovely tour guide. This trip will be full of beautiful culture and architecture. Chiang Mai is rich with Buddhism and northern Thai culture. There are almost 100 temples inside and around the old town. All the main temples are worth visiting when you stay in Chiang Mai. The first stop will be at the temple which is also a university for monks. Have a conversation regarding Buddhism with a monk teacher. After that we will continue to explore the rest of the beautiful temples on the itinerary. As you are in a Buddhist country, it is a good chance for you to get to know Buddhism more. Understanding Buddhism would help you understand more about Thai culture and the way Thai people think.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who loves to learn more about Buddhism and does not want to miss checking out on the famous temples of Chiang Mai
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
In this experience, you will have a chance to meet the local monk in Chiang Mai who is associated with Suan Dok temple. He will share with you about Buddhism and will be the one who answers all of your questions related it.
- Meet up Palm Springs Parlor Parking Lot
- Visit Wat Suan Dok and Chat With Monk. A unique opportunity for visitors to experience Buddhism by chatting with monks, asking questions about Buddhism, culture, tradition, ways of life of monks or simply meditating.
- Drive about 15 minutes to visit Wat U-Mong
- Visit a beautiful Tunnel Temple ( Wat U-Mong ) A peaceful escape to the hidden quieter corner of Chiang Mai.
- Drive about 20 -30 minutes to visit Wat Chiang Man.
- Visit Wat Chiang Man, the oldest temple in Chiang Mai.
- Walk from Wat Chiang Man to 3 Kings Monument.
- Visit 3 Kings Monument and learn about Chiang Mai history.
- Walk to Wat Chedi Luang
- Visit Wat Chedi Luang. The home to Chiang Mai's largest Buddhist chedi.
- Head back at Palm Springs
*Please note that the program and the time might be subject to change due to unforeseeable factors that may occur during the trip
- Round-trip transportation
- English-speaking tour guide
- Temple entrance fees
- Drinking water
- Local insurance
- Donation for the monk and temple (Monk chat session)
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Extra donations
- Tips for tour guide
Know Before You Go
- Bring question(s) to ask monk regarding Buddhism and/or monks
- Wear Comfortable but temple-appropriate clothes (cover chest, stomach, knees and shoulders)
- Shoes that are easy to take on and off
What To Bring
- Full stomach of brunch (as there is no stop for a restaurant)
- Extra money for some snacks and drinks
- Umbrella, hat or cap and sun screen (for sunny afternoon)
- Umbrella or rain jacket (for rainy day, just in case)
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
1 week before the experience