- Learn about the process & history of a wine from this region of Portugal
- Tour around the winery and taste the local wine and cheese
- Enjoy great views of the Arrabida Hills, Atlantic ocean, Sado estuary & Troia Peninsula.
Portugal is one of the top 10 wine exporters in the world, so it would be a crime to leave Lisbon without knowing more about the process & history (and taste as much of the goods as possible). Quinta da Califórnia will be our destination, which is a small local independent winery, chosen above all others as it’s the chance to avoid the many large commercial wineries. We’ll start the day by taking private transport South of Lisbon over the famous Lisbon red iron bridge. At Quinta da Califórnia we’ll taste the local cheese before a tour on the vineyard with our local guide André. After the tour, time to taste 3 different local wines; then, a leisurely walk around the winery & surroundings until old mills for a great view to the Arrábida hills. After some appetite has been worked up, we’ll enjoy a picnic (provided), before making our way back to Lisbon after lunch. En route, we will make a quick stop at a "miradouro" (viewpoint), for a great view of the Atlantic Ocean, Sado estuary & Troia Peninsula.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone who is interested in the gastronomy and wine culture of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone who loves nature and outdoors activities
- Entrance to the winery
- Local guide: André
- Walking tour on the vineyard
- Walk on the surroundings of the vineyard
- Picnic lunch, local cheese, local cookies
- Wine tasting, water, juices
- Round trip from Lisbon
What's Not Included
- Extra food
- Anything not mentioned in the list above
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 7 people
- Maximum Capacity: 18 people
- Booking Deadline: 8 days before the event
- Weather Dependent: Yes, the itinerary might change depending on the weather conditions
- Difficulty Level: Easy - There is a 1h30 easy walk
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, bring comfortable clothes
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: buy products at the winery
André is a nature and sea lover, with 10 years of experience in this area. A certified hiker that has been in the highest points of Portugal and Spain. He is also graduated in Landscape Arch and post-graduated in surf and performance, with several years of experience. A wine lover who spent his childhood between wineries, vineyards, and the amazing village of Azeitão.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This is a real locals winery. They don't bottle the fanciest bottles in the world to ship them off to the furthest corners of the world where they win the shiniest penny.
This is where locals get their home wine. The ones they celebrate birthdays with, the wine they have during family time, the wedding wine you pull out after the initial toast. We're talking about the life blood of your average Portuguese citizen.
Surround yourself by friends, leave the preconceptions of what a winery is supposed to be, and go have a laugh and good time!