– The main attraction of the Acropolis is the Parthenon
– Theater Odeon of Herodes Atticus
– The Beule Gate and Propylaia the entrance of the Acropolis
– Temple of Athena Nike
We start by climbing up to the marble-capped Acropolis, the sacred rock of Athens and citadel of the city in antiquity. We become Time Travellers by visiting the most famous Unesco site of Greece with its universal monuments, symbols of the classical spirit and civilization. We will walk through Propylea, the monumental gate of the holy hill. See the Parthenon temple, a wonder of architecture, the temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion temple with its Caryatid, the most photographed female statues. From the top of the sacred rock we will see PNYX, the Athenians Assembly, the cradle of Democracy in the world and Marsh hill. A panoramic view to the ancient Agora.(administrative and philosophical centre of Athens).
Where Socrates the greatest philosopher engaged in dialogues with his disciples. Walking downhill, a view to the oldest theatre in the world. The theater of Dionysus, the birthplace of drama. A glimpse of the new Acropolis museum, from the top, a masterpiece of contemporary architecture, completes our visit
- 2 hours guided tour on the hill
- Entrance for Akropolis
- Audio Devices
- Private Guide
What's Not Included
- Everything not included in the listed items above
Know Before You Go
- Difficulty Level - Easy walk on the hill, yet exposed to the sun
- Special clothing required - Comfortable clothes and shoes for walking
- Bring water - Stay hydrated!
- Put sunscreen / Wear sun protection (hats, sunglasses, etc)
- Tour duration is 2-hours approx. from starting point (aeropagitou street)
Our guide is not only a guide but also an archeologist. Her name is Elina, she loves traveling and she finds history fascinating. Being an archaeologist gave her the opportunity to participate in excavations at Akrotiri in Santorini. Being a guide is her passion and in her own words "aside excavations, sharing the stories that stones and ancients shared with us to every traveler that decides to step into Athens is the one thing that I enjoy the most".
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book 4 days prior to the start of the experience