Join us for a half day visit to the town of Stari Grad on the island of Hvar, where we will enjoy wine tasting and a homemade farm lunch in the middle of the 24 centuries' old area of Greek vineyards which is currently under UNECO's protection. Get to see the farm animals (donkey is a symbol of the region of Dalmatia!), enjoy all the flavours and aromas as the food is comming directly from the farm/sea to the table. Our knowledgable host will tell you all about the wines and olive oils that tehz are making, as well as some natural cosmetics! Saying cheers with a shot of homemade grappa is a must!
- Sea Transport - Return ferry tickets Split- Stari Grad- Split
- Ground Transport - Pick up from the ferry port and return trip to the farm
- Wine Tasting - Pairing flight of 4 home-made wines from the farm (2 whites, 1 red, 1 rose), olive oil tastings (3 types)
- Food - 3 course set menu home-made lunch consisting of: homemade platter of farm products, peka for the main and fruits from the garden or a simple cake for dessert
- Local Guide - Guided tour/story about the farm, tradition of winemaking and about the food and all the served wine and olive oil and a short tour of the small venue of the lavender museum (with an opportunity to buy homemade cosmetic products, lavender, immortelle and olive oils and all the tried wines and grappas)
- Stroll through the oldest town of Europe (Stari Grad town on the Island of Hvar) upon return to the city area and a possible visit to the 16th century castle (local poet’s house) with a fish pond from 16th century
What's Not Included
- Extra bottles of wine, olive oil, lavender oil/hydrolates or imortelle oil/hydrolates
Things You Should Know
- Please bring cash if you plan on purchasing extra's listed above
- Ferry ride duration: 2 hrs each way
- Bus transfer to the farm 10 mins each way
- Wear comfortable shoes, as we could be walking a little bit through the farm
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
5 days prior to the start of the experience
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a great way to experience Stari Grad on the island of Hvar! You get to explore the old town and than have a brilliant lunch on a vineyard nearby and taste some of the local wine. Highly recommend to those wanting to spend time on Hvar!
This was a great way to see the oldest town in Europe! The town of Starigrad on Hvar was magical and the vineyard beautiful. We loved the wine, the dine, and the good times. Overall I’d recommend this experience to everybody!