- Introductory talk to elephants and Karen culture in Thailand
- Dress in traditional Karen clothing
- Feed the elephants
- Walk with elephants to the river
- Bathe the elephants
Spend a full day at a family owned elephant camp and also learn about Karen culture who have close connection with these elephants. Feed, hug and take a bath with them in the nature. There are 6 elephants in the camp. This camp is different from other camps in that their main camp owner is the 7th generation elephant keeper-these elephants have been born into his family for hundreds of years already! Elephants are the official national animal of Thailand. They have been a considerable impact on Thai culture, a contributor to Thai society and its icon for many centuries.
Who This Experience Is Good For
Anyone who love and want to meet these cuties in person!
Easy - No experience needed
Meet Our Local Host
- 8:00 AM Pick up from Palm Springs Parlor parking lot (No drinking water provided in the van)
- Arrive at the toilet break (Need to cross the road) where you can buy some snacks+ drinks as there will not no snacks selling at the Elephant camp
- Arrive at the camp. Need to wait in the van for the pick up truck to come. Hop on a pick up truck.
- Arrive at the base. Change into swimsuit and wear the activity t-shirt (Karen t-shirt)+pants over
- Listen to the story of the elephants and Karen people
- Spend time with the elephants, take photos, and feed them
- Elephant walk from the starting point into the forest
- Mid way of the walking route. Have lunch prepared by the camp. Since it is in the middle of the forest, there might not be enough chair sitting area and some people may need to sit on the ground on a mat instead.
- Continue the walk with the elephants to where we bath them
- Arrive at the bathing area. Take off your Karen outfit and bring the elephants into the river for bathing
- After done taking a bath with the elephants. Walk up to where we started
Take turns taking a shower since there are only 2 shower rooms.
- Leave the camp and have a long drive back 1.5 - 2 hours (Make sure to go to the toilet before heading back)
- Drop back at Palm Springs Parlor (We will try to arrive earlier as you can have enough rest time for farewell)
**Please note that the program and the time might be subject to change due to unforeseeable factors that may occur during the trip
- Fruits/food to feed the elephant
What's Not Included
- Anything that are not mentioned in the program
Things You Should Know
- Bring 1 bottle of drinking water as it is not provided in the van during the drive
- Bring Cash for buying snacks at the toilet stop or you can prepare snacks for yourself in advance as there will be no snacks provided/sold at the elephant camp
- Please bring clothes that is suitable for bathing with the elephants in the river or swimsuit
- Bring change of clothing (as you may get wet or get dirty during the bathing) and plastic bag for your wet/muddy clothes
- Bring hat, sunscreen, poncho or umbrella (in case of raining)
- Small bag that is easy to carry when walking in the forest as you will have to carry a small bottle of drinking water and your other personal stuffs
- Walking shoes that is suitable for walking in the forest/muddy routes/wet paths
- Bring sandals/flip flops/water shoes for waterfall/river walk
- Towel for the shower, camera, and insect repellent
- This ethical camp is highly recommended via TripAdvisor with 5 stars reviews and their camp was created in an effort to undo some of the damage humans have done to elephants over time, and to return them to the forest where they belong.
Minimum To Operate
Deadline To Book
14 days prior to the start of the experience