Refer a Friend to Give $100 and Get $100. Learn More 👉
- Prepare a 3-course creole lunch with Chef Dee: Jambalaya, Corn Maque Choux & Bananas' Foster - Learn the history of the food and preparation- Spend the time with a fun pair of New Orleans sisters full of stories and laughs
We leave the city behind and explore another beloved cuisine of Louisiana in our Creole Cooking Class. Presented by Dee Lavigne, SoFAB's Director of Culinary Programming, this class offers an in-depth look into how to create delicious, traditional dishes that can be found nowhere else in the world, while discussing their cultural and historical origins. This is a hands-on cooking class where you will be not only learning about the Cajun culture but also the cooking techniques to make this cuisine in your daily life.
Anyone who likes food and interested in learning how to cook with local flavors.
Chef Dee Lavigne is a New Orleans native. After taking a home economics class, she knew she was supposed to dedicate her life to food. A graduate of The Culinary Institute of America, she has worked in the food and hospitality industry, including 15 years baking at Whole Foods Markets. In 2016, she started Deelightful Cupcakes (now Deelightful Desserts). After being awarded the Paul Mcllhenny Culinary Entrepreneurism Scholarship, winning a few local bakery competitions, and graduating from the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Catapult fund her career as a business owner began to take off. She has worked with WWL-TV4 as Assistant Production Producer. She looks forward to opening her first café. As a wife and mom to 2 boys, one on the Autism Spectrum Disorder, she is a full time advocate for Special Needs and Inclusion for all people.
- Arrive at the Southern Food & Beverage Museum- Meet Chef Dee and her team- Prepare the day’s meal- Dine and chat with team- Return home
- Cooking instruction- Ingredients and equipment- Soft drinks
- Tips- Transport- Beer and wine is available for purchase
- Minimum Needed: 6 people- Maximum Capacity: 10 people- Booking Deadline: 7 days before event- Weather Dependent: No- Difficulty Level: Easy- Special Clothing Required: No- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - Extra Cash: Needed for tipping - Transportation: Not included