Cape town, South Africa
- Visit Khayelitsha Township
- Party at Rands with Local DJ'S
- Try a shisanyama (local BBQ)
- Try wine made in Khayelitsha
This experience is the epitome of Sunday Funday (don't let your Monday ruin your Sunday :). Locals Ayanda and Buntu will show you what it really means to Groove in Ekasi. You will get the full Khayelitsha Township experience, from wine tastings and pairings, to a local lunch to partying to the best local DJ's and music.
Our first stop will be a visit to Lindile Nzaba, founder of Khayelitsha Wines, who will share with you a taste of his signature red and white wines. Please note this is not your traditional wine tasting but a local entrepreneur sharing his love for wine with us.
We will make our way to eKitchen (at the Kitchen), a local restaurant for a late lunch. Then the Sunday Funday will commence at eParkini an outdoor “block party” on Spine Road, one of the busiest streets in Khayelitsha. Locals come here from all over Khayelitsha and surrounding communities to enjoy good music, chill, show off their nice cars, and have a great time. Will immerse ourselves in the local Kaltsha by grooving at one of the popular spaces Kwa Ace.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone passionate about history and culture
- Anyone interested in the gastromomy of the destination they are visiting
- Anyone interested in local music
Meet Out Local Hosts
ABCD Concepts is co-founded and co-managed by Buntu Matole and Ayanda Cuba. Our business culture is all about constantly changing and impacting our community. Our triple bottom line is inclusivity, collaboration and sustainable growth. At ABCD our goal is to craft and create experiences and products that will help people bridge the cultural, social and communication gap between us.
- Food - Lunch - Braai meat (BBQ) served with pap and chakalaka
- Drinks - Alcoholic Beverage - First round of drinks at Rands
- Transportation - Round Trip - Pick up and drop off at accommodation
- Drinks - Wine - Two wine tastings and pairings
- Local Guide - Ayanda and Buntu will be with you from the pick up till the drop off
What's Not Included
- Extra Drinks - All drinks after first included round
- Dance moves :)
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 5 people
- Maximum Capacity: 20 people
- Booking Deadline: 2 days before event
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - dress in your Sunday best. All locals dress in their Sunday best for this outing, make sure you dress the part.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered
- Extra Cash: Needed for tipping / additional services. Tipping in South Africa: Tipping is not mandatory but everyone in the service industry (waiters, guides etc) earns minimum wage and rely heavily on tips. The general amount is 10% but you do so at your own discretion.
- Additional Information: This event takes place in Khayelitsha Township.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This is the real thing
The DEFINITION of Sunday Funday. It's an absolute party of a day and you won't want it to end.
Put your dancing shoes on, wear your Sunday best (people show out at Rand's) and get ready for a good time.
Absolutely amazing experience and celebration with the locals. Everything was over expectations :)
It's a party. Flat out. The food was good, the party was fun. Worth it.
One of the best Sunday Funday experiences ive ever had. You get to feel like a local and connect with the people Khayelitsha.
Start the day with some amazing wine tasting and burgers, then the day takes flight at Rands! Rands is on another level, something that has to be experienced to understand why everyone loves it so much . Music, food, sunshine and dancing. Buntu and Ayanda are wonderful hosts! They always made sure you were having a good time and helped navigate the town
Dont miss this! You'll be wanting to go back every weekend