- Enjoy the amazing views of Montanejos and surroundings
- Learn more about Valencia's surroundings through stories and legends
- Visit the most well known natural springs of the area
Montanejos is located 90 km north of Valencia in an inland region called Upper Mijares and it’s famous for its natural beauty and water springs that have a constant temperature all year round of 20º to 25ºC. Exploring this Thermal Village is much more than going on a rural tour. It is an opportunity to enjoy your free time in an environment bound to health, tradition, nature, sports, relax, culture and leisure. A place to feel great and unwind!
We will head to Montanejos, a village renowned for its medicinal thermal springs, surrounded by beautiful mountains and stunning scenery, very near the Natural Park of the Sierra Espadán. On this special day out of the city, we'll explore the river formed by a number of natural pools with different depths which are an excellent swimming area declared of public utility in 1863, catch a breath of mountain air and explore some of the most surprising nature you have ever seen. See wild animals, beautiful scenery with just the right balance of activities. This is an excursion into the mountains and villages of Valencia to a place that few visitors to Valencia know of. Small mountain villages, olive and almond orchards, canyons and forests are some of the things we will see, not to mention the surprises!
A bit of history... The last Moorish King Abu Zeit took refuge in Montanejos where he built some baths for his favorite ladies, including Queen Zucaina, so they could keep their beauty for ever thanks to the properties of its special thermal water.
Who Is This Experience Good For
- Anyone interested in nature and outdoors activities
- Anyone who likes to be in the water
- Transportation - Round Trip
- Local Guide
- Discover legends and quirky anecdotes of the different villages
- See the Horta Nord, the scenic countryside that surrounds Valencia
- Swim in the medicinal mineral waters of the thermal springs at 20-25°C
- River swimming shoes & googles
What's Not Included
- Food - Lunch at a local restaurant - Budget 15-20€ pp | Cards and cash accepted
- Everything not included in the listed items above
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 10 people
- Maximum Capacity: 14 - MAY VARY
- Booking Deadline: 5 days before event
- Weather Dependent: Yes, if there is heavy rain we will have to postpone or cancel // The water at the springs has always the same temperature of 20-25ºC.
- Difficulty Level: Easy, just some easy and short hikes
- Special Clothing Required: Yes, sport clothing, towel, swimwear
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - meat, fish or vegetarian option
- Extra Cash/Card: Needed for tipping / lunch
Daniel is a local business aiming to help people connect with the real Valencia by experiencing many of the amazing things the local region has to offer. He is a Spanish national but speaks fluent English and he has lived in many places around the world, so he knows what makes a place special and exciting! He has a passion for nature and history and discovering new places is one of his favourite things to do. His colleagues Amir, Vincent and himself have shown many people the beautiful and lesser known parts of the Valencian region.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A nice excursion through the mountains and a nice swim in a beautiful location!
The day in Montanejos y Navaja was a beautiful experience and with an exceptional guide
Thermal springs were actually cools springs with a fee warm spots. Gorgeous place however. Plus other stops that are just as beautiful.
Acting as a mini road trip, you'll get to experience various locations outside of Valencia that range from waterfalls, thermal springs and a chill Spanish town to enjoy lunch at, providing a well rounded day trip experience.
For feedback, the springs could have been warmer (not that that's in RY's control) so prepare for cold water, and at time we would have liked a little more quiet time on the bus as the guide talked a bit too much.
It was good to get out of the city and Daniel was one of the best tour guides I have ever had for anything. He talked just enough to keep you engaged and interested vs talking non-stop. He also had many funny stories and a great sense of humor. And he was very prepared (wetsuits, water shoes for everyone) which really added to the experience.