- Day Trip to Nara
- Visit Japan's ancient capital
- Frolic with the deer
- See one of the most famous Buddha statues in the world
Spend the day visiting the ancient capital, Nara. See the world famous giant Buddha statue and enjoy the stunning landscape, architecture, and frolicking with the furry locals. Before Kyoto, Nara was Japan’s first capital. While the Emperor has long since relocated, it is still home to Japan's oldest crafts & temples. You’ll fall in love with this mysterious world of pathways, lanterns and wandering deer.
Who This Experience Is Good For
This experience is great for history lovers, and anyone who likes deer!
Meet Our Local Host
-Meet at 9 in front of accommodations
-Walk to Kintestu Namba
-Train from Kintetsu Namba to Kintetsu Nara station
-Walk to Wakamiya Shrine
-Walk to Kasugataisha Shrine
-Walk to Shinsenkyo souvenir store to buy deer cakes
-Walk to Mizuya Chaya for lunch
-Walk to NIgatsudo
-Walk to Todaiji
-Walk to Kintetsu Nara Station
-Train back to Osaka
- Public Transportation
- Entrance fees to temples
- Deer Cakes
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 7
- Maximum Capacity: 12 people
- Booking Deadline: 1 week in advance
- Weather Dependent: No - the trip will happen rain or shine. If it's raining, please be prepared with an umbrella.
- Bring your own water to save plastic
- Difficulty Level: Medium (There will be lots of walking, but none of it strenuous)
- Special Clothing Required: Yes - Comfortable walking shoes
- Special Dietary Restrictions: Yes - We will be eating at a soba/udon restaurant, the broth will have soy sauce. We cannot accommodate gluten free diets.
- Extra Cash: Needed for any extra food/snacks
- Transportation: We will be taking the Kintetsu line