- Learn Portuguese in a fun and informal way
- Tailored course for our RY nomads
- Learn the basics of the language in the class and also on an out-of-the-box way (walking tours, lunch, happy hour)
Learn how to speak Portuguese! This will be a course that is tailored for you. You will interact with your tutor to master skills you find difficult and gain more confidence in communicating in a variety of contexts.
Besides the classroom-like lessons, you have the chance to explore the city with João, your tutor. These activities can be walking tours, visiting a market, having a traditional lunch, happy hours, etc.
This way, you will not only learn Portuguese but will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture while learning the local language.
Who Is This Experience Good For
For those who are looking for practice and learn Portuguese at a basic or intermediate level in a fun and informal way. For those who want to experience what traditional language classes won't offer. For those who want to experience the city while learning the language.
Meet Our Local Host
Lessons will be provided by João Roberto, the coordinator of a language school that has been operating for 15 years in florianópolis, and his team. They have years of experience working with travelers in Floripa. João is passionate about culture and word etymologies, so he won't just teach you Portuguese, but the inherent aspects of local culture.
- Group Lessons
- 12 hours of Portuguese classes in 4 weeks
- Week 1 - 2 days - 1.5 hours each day
- Week 2 - 2 days - 1.5 hours each day
- Week 3 - 2 days - 1.5 hours that day
- Week 4 - 2 days - 1.5 hours each day
- Beginners classes will take place from 1-2:30 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Intermediate classes will take place from 1-2:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- All lessons and learning materials
- A small treat in the hangouts. It can be a welcome drink, a snack, or something else offered by the teacher
The cultural hangouts will take place as per the schedule above. In case the activity chosen demands a specific time, it will be informed in advance. The hangouts are flexible, so the teacher will be prioritized at a time everyone is available.
What's Not Included
- Round trip transportation to school
- Round trip transportation to the extracurricular activities
- Food, drinks, or tickets for the extracurricular activities
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 3 people
- Maximum Capacity: 6 people
- Booking Deadline: Mon 25th of September
- Weather Dependent: No
- Difficulty Level: For beginners and intermediates
- Transportation: transportation to the classes and extracurricular activities are not included