Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Nature based experience.
- Visit the youngest delta and one of the biggest in the world.
- Learn about the life of the "isleños"
- The favorite spot for porteños to enjoy the weekends in BA.
Your local guide will pick you up to go to TIgre in a private transportation. Once there, we'll get to know the city in a walking tour: we´ll visit the local fruit market, follow the river along the stunning Paseo Victorica street and stop by the Tigre Art Museum to admire the European-inspired building. Then, we'll take a public boat through the third-largest river delta in the world and stop off on an island to enjoy your homemade, delicious, and pretty local lunch. Take some time to swim or sit back and soak in the beautiful island surroundings. You also can enjoy a Kayak activity. Finally, take the boat back to the continental area and board a comfortable private vehicle to return to your place. In this experience, you will have the opportunity to know how the inhabitants of the Delta turned it from a swampy area into a developed region with grass paths and canals of fresh water. The life of the "isleños" (people who live on the islands of the Delta) is unique. Learn about their customs, culture, and way of life. See the elegant residences in the northern suburbs' residential neighborhoods, pass yacht clubs, waterfront houses on stilts, a market, and the house and museum of former Argentina president Sarmiento, who encouraged people to make their homes here.
Who Is This Experience Good For
Anyone who enjoys being surrounded by nature
Meet Our Local Host
My name is Alex. I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, the city that I love and where I have lived all my life.
I studied and graduated in hotel management and worked for several years in the hotel industry. I have always liked to travel, learn about new cultures, listen to their music, and learn about history and languages.
For this reason, I decided to become a tour guide, which combines several of my passions, knowing and telling the history of my country and meeting people from all over the world to share this passion with.
I have been guiding in BA since 2010, and I can tell you Buenos Aires is my place in the world, so I love sharing the love I feel for this city with all of you.
- Meeting point at 8:00 in Huerta Cowork.
- Private transportation to Tigre.
- Walking tour in Tigre.
- Public boat to the island.
- Free time to swim, kayak, relax.
- Public boat back to Tigre.
- Private transfer to Buenos Aires City.
- We expect to be back at around 4:30- 5pm, depending on traffic.
- Lunch with soft drinks
- Activities in the island
What's Not Included
Know Before You Go
- Minimum Needed: 7 people
- Maximum: 25 people
- Booking Deadline: 1 week before the event to confirm if we reached the minimum.
- Weather Dependent: Yes, rains and the rise of the river may cause the event to be rescheduled or canceled with full refund.
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Special Clothing Required: Comfortable clothes are advised, you can also bring a towel and sunscreen.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: All dietary needs catered need to be mentioned in advance.
- Extra Cash: For tips and extra drinks.
- Transportation: We’ll take private and public transportation
- Additional Information: Bear in mind that you’ll need to enter a boat from a dock that can move a bit due to the water.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I loved this excursion! Nice to bike around part of the city I had not yet seen. Alex is a terrific guide, and his nephew kept us safe along the streets. The boat tour was beautiful, as was the island to which Alex took us. We enjoyed the leisurely lunch there, a grand former monastery he took us to for enjoyable views, the pool at the site and a delicious lunch (especially the dulce de leche dessert).